Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2004 11:00:34 PM EST
So I'm looking to purchase my first AR-15 type now that the AWB should sunset but I have questions. I would like to buy the LEO (Law Enforcement) version of the Colt M4 (16in barrel) but am wondering if this is considered legal in CT. I know Colt AR-15 and Sporter are considered illegal because they are listed by name on the list of banned assault weapons. Is the LEO M4 patrolman's type rifle that doesn't specifically say AR-15 or Sporter on the gun make it legal to own in CT?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:28:10 AM EST
You can buy the "Colt M4 Match Target" for around $1000.00.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:26:00 AM EST
So are flash suppressors and the other elements of evil ok? I cant get through at CSP SLFU.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:29:15 AM EST
In order to make your rifle fully "evil", you will need a PREBAN LOWER that isn't on the ban list. (IE. NOT Marked AR15 or Sporter).

It still needs to be a preban to use preban features.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:57:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/13/2004 7:57:51 AM EST by PhatForrest]
Yeah, but what if you wanna add a collapseable stock and a flash supressor. to a weapon, say a 10-22? The law makes no mention to the parts. Still cant get through.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:26:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By PhatForrest:
Yeah, but what if you wanna add a collapseable stock and a flash supressor. to a weapon, say a 10-22? The law makes no mention to the parts. Still cant get through.

In order to make your rifle fully "evil", you will need a PREBAN LOWER that isn't on the ban list. (IE. NOT Marked AR15 or Sporter).

It still needs to be a preban to use preban features.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:07:16 PM EST
Thanks for your help guys. I'm a first timer to firearms so this will be my first purchase. If a colt doesn't say "AR-15" or "Sporter" on it, is it legal in CT? Next question is an important one for me, say I can find a Bushmaster preban M4, what do I need to do to legally own it? Am I able to register it legally and have the collapsable stock and A2 flash supressor? Can I buy a preban Bushy from out of state and register it in CT? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:09:50 PM EST
Jack, if your Bushmaster lower was built prior to 9/94, you can have the evil features. The State still considers it an assault weapon, but seeing as how it is not a Colt AR15 or Sporter, it is not subject to registration or prohibited from transfer.
Top Top