Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2003 10:30:18 PM EDT
Been in Houston since March and since I am  tired of looking for a job I have been going shooting. Haha. Would like to know where I can go and shoot something besides paper targets. Can you guys recommend any ranges?

Thx
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 7:56:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Some of the Houston crew will be here shortly to answer you question.
 BTW, Where did you live before?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
well howdy!  there should be a meeting soon! you should come out! Normally we have said meetings on tuesdays.  most of us go to ASC.  as far as range besides paper targets i no longer know. esspecially since the range out at sam houston national park closed. :(  anyway come on out and have a beer on tuesday.  look in home town forum for details on when the next meeting will be.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 12:45:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I came out here from So Cal. Nice weather everything else Sucks in this small town boys opinion. Hopefully the wife will be joining me in a month.

Thanks for the invite I will keep my eye on the Hometown forum. That sucks about the park range closing down I have been going to ASC myself. Very Nice facility but I like to let newbies shoot watermelon and cantelope with the 12 guage and cans and balloons with the .22. It makes it more interesting for em [shrug] Oh well.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]

Remember, Sam Houston National Forest range is only opened during deer season.  So deer season is the best time to go there and blast.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I came out here from So Cal. Nice weather everything else Sucks in this small town boys opinion. Hopefully the wife will be joining me in a month.

Thanks for the invite I will keep my eye on the Hometown forum. That sucks about the park range closing down I have been going to ASC myself. Very Nice facility but I like to let newbies shoot watermelon and cantelope with the 12 guage and cans and balloons with the .22. It makes it more interesting for em [shrug] Oh well.

I too moved out here from So Cal. but I did it a year ago.  Come on out and join us on Tuesday.

ASC used to allow us to shoot at clay targets but a few yahoos played dumb and ruined that for the rest of us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top