Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2005 6:57:05 PM EDT
Hey all,

Just getting settled in VA.  Quantico area with the Corps.  Looking to get involved a bit and make some friends.  Anyone into shooting birds?  I'd like to get out this year and learn to shoot some ducks.  Hope everyone had a good holidays.

Semper Fidelis,
Tosh
Link Posted: 1/3/2005 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the area.  I live in Alexandria, which is about 25 miles north of you.   I have been in the area for about 15 years.  I have not been duck hunting for years because I started having kids and could not afford the money for steel shot shotgun at the time.  Now that my oldest is 14 and I am a bit wealthier, I might do it next year.   My family is big on camping and picnicing in the Virginia state parks as well as hiking in the Shenendoah Valley.  

I do have a tip for you in terms of sightseeing in DC.  That is, do it on a bicycle at about 6am to 8am on a Sunday morning.  The city is relatively quiet.  My kids and I have ridden around the Mall, the Capitol, the Jefferson Memorial and the Lincoln Memorial in less than 2 hours.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:10:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Gentlemen, we have a true Marine Corps Hero in our midst:

Navy Cross Citation for Brian Chontosh

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=296257

We are not worthy sir!  

My boss at work shoots clays, I will ask him tomorrow where he goes.

In the mean time, It would be an HONOR for me to take you and your family to dinner sometime, or for a beer.

You are also welcome to go with me to the world-class NRA range, on me!

Welcome to Virginia, sir!

Matt G
CPl, USMCR 1985-1991

Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:16:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:19:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome Sir,
Keep an eye on the Hometown forum here and our group at Yahoo groups.yahoo.com/group/Virginia_black_rifles/  We have northern VA (NoVA) dinners about once a month or so and have shoots every few months.  This weekend my wife and I are planning on shooting her .338Lapua at Range 1 there at Quantico on Sunday.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Welcome Sir,
Keep an eye on the Hometown forum here and our group at Yahoo groups.yahoo.com/group/Virginia_black_rifles/  We have northern VA (NoVA) dinners about once a month or so and have shoots every few months.  This weekend my wife and I are planning on shooting her .338Lapua at Range 1 there at Quantico on Sunday.

Semper Fi!

It's open?  I didn't see it on the rec fire schedule......damn it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yes, noon to 1600hrs.  Check their website www.quanticoshootingclub.com
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:25:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, noon to 1600hrs.  Check their website www.quanticoshootingclub.com

Oh my bad, I thought you said 4........
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 4:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
My boss at work shoots clays, I will ask him tomorrow where he goes.

He shoots at Bull Run Park in Centreville. Went with him once, I will have to admit it was a lot of fun. As soon as I get my own shotgun I'll probably head over there often.

www.nvrpa.org/shootingcenter.html

Looking forward to having an opportunity to shoot with you Tosh! Welcome to Virginia!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:15:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Welcome Captain Chontosh

Sir,

Hope to see you at one of our Dinners or shoots, would be an honor to meet you.

Semper Fidelis

Top (Retired)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Welcome!

Danny

EDIT: Thanks for serving!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 9:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]
can i have your autograph? hahahahahaha just kidding. welcome aboard and as said above, thank you for your service to our country and freedom everywhere.

definitely check out the quantico gun club, it's the best deal around! also, don't forget we have the nra range up in fairfax (as well as the museum)...
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
A bit late on the welcome, but enjoy your stay here. Thank you so much for your service. You really are a hero. I'd love to get the opportunity to shake your hand one day.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm not even from Va but wanted to welcome you aboard anyway and to thank you very much for your outstanding and heroic service to our country. Its because of people like you that we live free and safe .

God Bless and welcome home
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome to VA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top