Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2006 12:14:36 PM EDT
Red castle looks great but living where i do (71st and sheridan area) I don't really want to spend an hour or more of my shooting time getting to and from the range. I mostly shoot military /high powered rifle and enough practical pistol shooting to keep the skills somewhat sharp. The range info thread said happy hollow doesn't like rapid fire which doesn't work to well with practical training. I also need to take a concealed carry class, and find out where the good firearms retailers are.  Any ideas / comments / suggestions on any or all of this is appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Take a look at the tacked thread at the top of the hometown forum.  Here it is Ranges

And welcome to the board.

By the way I took my concealed carry class years ago at Tulsa Firearms.  It's pretty close to you.  Probably would only suit your need for the class though as it's an indoor range.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#2]
From the looks of the local news stations, the 61st & Peoria area have some of the best live fire training in the city. Also, I think anything north of Admiral would give you a pretty good challenge as well. They told me "They're all free after the first one".
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#3]
>.<
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:23:20 PM EDT
[#4]
a little live fire training eh? doesn't seem fair though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:25:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I go the the Happy Hollow gun range outside of kellyville.  From where you live, it should take you around 20 minutes to get there.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
How are they with rapid fire / mutliple targets etc? Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
I know you can fire 1 per second, but don't know about the multiple targets.  You could just call and ask I guess.  They are pretty nice folks.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Okiehunter do they have any caliber or ammo restrictions that you are aware of? I normally head out to Okmulgee WMA shooting range or the one at Ft. Gibson but they are 45 minutes away instead of 20 min.

Do you know what they charge?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 10:55:45 AM EDT
[#9]
IMHO everything you are looking for is at Red Castle. Tactical rifle range out to 800 yards, IPSC range, pistol range, plinking range for fast fire, .22 range, 200 yard bench rest range,and  .50 range. Also available is a new indoor pistol range. Not to mention skeet and trap ranges.
You can also get CCW classes cheap as a member.($40)
From where your at it shouldn't be but a 45 min trip. It's worth it.
Joe
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Okiehunter do they have any caliber or ammo restrictions that you are aware of? I normally head out to Okmulgee WMA shooting range or the one at Ft. Gibson but they are 45 minutes away instead of 20 min.

Do you know what they charge?

They charge 10 bucks a session.  It is only a 200 yard range.  I don't know of any ammo restrictions.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:28:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
IMHO everything you are looking for is at Red Castle. Tactical rifle range out to 800 yards, IPSC range, pistol range, plinking range for fast fire, .22 range, 200 yard bench rest range,and  .50 range. Also available is a new indoor pistol range. Not to mention skeet and trap ranges.
You can also get CCW classes cheap as a member.($40)
From where your at it shouldn't be but a 45 min trip. It's worth it.
Joe

I like that "cheap as a member" part. Now tell him what a membership costs.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
 If I lived close to Red Castle I'd join in a heartbeat.  As it is I live in Edmond and am considering joining.  I was told by a member that full auto is allowed out there which is highly appealing.

Anyway, there are members only places that charge X per year.  There are public ranges that charge X per trip.  If you go often enough to one of the yearly places you'll come out far better then then the per trip places.  Me I go to the OKC gun club about once a week.  So the $80 a year it costs equals out to less then a $1.50 a trip.  I think Red Castle is about $160/yr, but someone who is a member can say for sure.

Also I'm sure there are exceptions but the members only places typically have much better and much more variety as far as shooting facilities.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Happy Hollow doesn't allow any tracer ammo...and I think it's only one shot every three seconds.

Don(the guy who owns & runs it) gets pretty upset if you violate either of those rules.

That's where I go...when I'm in that hemisphere, anyways...

Might look into Red Castle once I get home from "the sandbox"...(96 days and counting as I post this)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top