Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/1/2004 6:52:21 AM EST
Today's finds:
03-A3 CMP Springfield rework
Remington Rolling Block, NY Militia gun, in .50-70
TONS of SKS's from sources all over.
CAI FAL in good shape
Folding stocked SKS's, Mini-30's, 10/22's... somebody knows that the ban is over.

Incidentally... this shop is not usually overrrun with Simonov's, but they were there in abundance and about 2X what they should have cost. Everything else in the shop was competitive. Odd.

Anybody else hit the gun stores/pawn shops recently? Or have a Garand they want to let go? I'd give it a good home.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:14:14 AM EST
Where are you at?????

archer2
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:52:31 AM EST

Originally Posted By Hobbit:
Today's finds:
03-A3 CMP Springfield rework
Remington Rolling Block, NY Militia gun, in .50-70
TONS of SKS's from sources all over.
CAI FAL in good shape
Folding stocked SKS's, Mini-30's, 10/22's... somebody knows that the ban is over.

Incidentally... this shop is not usually overrrun with Simonov's, but they were there in abundance and about 2X what they should have cost. Everything else in the shop was competitive. Odd.

Anybody else hit the gun stores/pawn shops recently? Or have a Garand they want to let go? I'd give it a good home.
-Hobbit

Which pawn shop are you talking about?

ARH

Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:55:44 AM EST
How much was the 03?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 8:22:31 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 9:37:42 AM EST
/Shill Mode On/

Cumming- Forsyth County Pawn. It has an orange race car shell on the roof.

Sorry, guys- I don't remember the prices on anything other than the $425.00 FAL... and I didn't check for a Hesse marking on it.

Maybe somebody needs somthing that they've got there. I figure there are some rolling block or '03 fans in the crowd, and I don't see them too often. If you can talk to Joseph/Joey when you go, he's the man I'd prefer to deal with on guns. Good Hunting.

-Hobbit
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 11:26:17 AM EST
i need to go to the local pawn shops too
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:39:55 AM EST
I buy most of my guns from Pawn Shops, and you wouldn't believe some of the deals I have found!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 10:31:03 AM EST
In August I went in to a shop and found a preban M1A. The guy said he'd take $950 for it. I checked it out and found lots of National Match mods on it, so I bought it. Later I found out it was built by USMC in Quantico. I sold it and made $500 on it. I was trying to get more out of it, but the guy I sold it to used to shoot on the USMC teams and was best friends with an armoer from the time this rifle was built, so I felt it was an apporpriate home for the gun. It was beautiful, well tuned and really gave me the bug for another NM. The guy that bought it took it out and e-mailed me some pics of targets. He'd shot .993" 5 shot group at 200 yards with the irons. I'm missing it cinse I never had a deal like that before, but I didn't buy it to keep and had to stick with my original plan to resell it. I've been stopping in them now and then just to look for deals, not for particular guns, but for things that are just underpriced. Makes me keep up with going rates on a lot of guns.
Top Top