Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 11:01:41 AM EDT
I know I don't post in the hometown forum a lot, but a year or 2  ago I had a problem with my dog and posted here that I was ready to give up and rehome him.  I got tons of great advice and was able to solve the problem and keep the doggy.  He's turned out to be a real member of our family, so I thought I'd introduce our new addition here.

This is Luna (7 weeks old, rottweiler):

And here is Perseus, the one I had trouble with before:

We are looking into trainers in our area and considering one that will come out to the house once a week for 6 months to fully train them both.  I'm not sure that we need that much help, but it might be worth it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful Rottie, but I might be a little biased as I have owned the breed for over 20 years. I have used the Kohler Method of training for all my Rotties and with 5 minutes 3 to 4 times a day you can give her an incredible start.

Once this huge and stable foundation of obedience has been reached it is almost effortless to move into the intermediate and advanced levels of training to include Utility Dog Training, Tracking and so on.

This type of training gives your canine the edge over others and will get the best there is out of her.

http://www.amazon.com/Koehler-Method-Dog-Training/dp/0876055773

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks TecRsq, I'll see if I can find that book at the library.  She's a great pup and really loves the kids.  We've had her 3 days, and she is mostly housebroken allready.  She'll leave a puddle in front of the door if I don't get it open fast enough.    

The basic obedience stuff isn't too difficult for me, but I still have trouble leash training.  I also want a trainer to work on some agility stuff with Perseus because he is so clumsy and unaware of his own size.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:07:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I want either a Rottweiler or a Doberman Pincer to grow up with my little girl- I've already got the name picked out , I just need to find the dog.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:34:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Rotties rock! You can see mine over in the pet section.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:18:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Rotties are great dogs! You have a beauty there. I am a Pit Bull guy, I have 2 and they are hands down the best dogs I have every had the pleasure of owning.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top