Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/9/2004 3:05:33 AM EST
All,
As you know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I still lurk with regularity. The competition season ends next week with the US Nationals. After that, I'll have some more time to get out to the local shoots again. I just wanted to tease you guys with a new AR project I'm slowly putting together. If all goes well (read: Manufacturers meet their projected delivery dates), I'll have it together in about two weeks. Here's a few tasty tidbits.

-Short barrel
-Very quiet
-Very fast
-Free floated
-Does require batteries
-Not an HK, but you'll see the resemblence

Of course, I'll be looking for some fellow shooters to take her for a test drive and get some feedback. Just bring some ammo. Hopefully, I can post pics in about two weeks.

VSP

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:09:54 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:17:14 AM EST
Book,
It's your standard 5.56 round. It's going to be a SPR type setup where P=CQB. Got some of the parts today. Hope the rest get here soon.

VSP
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:43:57 AM EST
I volunteer to help with the test drive.
I know this is a very selfless act on my part.

Congrats on what sounds like a great new rig.

ARH

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:50:03 AM EST
Almost finished. Waiting on one more part. It should be ready for a full blown T&E workout at the Oct. 23 FOP shoot. Pics soon.

VSP
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:57:18 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:38:19 AM EST
Book,
Yeah, I should be able to make it, at least I'm planning to right now. The project just hit a small snag. My optics aren't fitting the way I need them too. Looks like a job for Mr. Dremel. Hopefully, I can work through this little problem.
Any word on the swap meet? My trade pile is getting bigger and bigger!

VSP
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:08:34 PM EST
If the dremel doesn't work, then a MILSPEC manually operated kinetic impact device should. But since you're dealing with optics, instead of pounding the optics on, pound the mount on to the optics
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:54:51 AM EST
Success! I only needed to dremel a little bit. You won't even notice it if I don't tell you. Now, just waiting on the one last part. Hopefully, it should be here within two weeks. Pics soon.

VSP
Top Top