Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 4:05:33 AM EDT
All,
   As you know it's been a while since I've posted anything, but I still lurk with regularity.  The competition season ends next week with the US Nationals.  After that, I'll have some more time to get out to the local shoots again.  I just wanted to tease you guys with a new AR project I'm slowly putting together.  If all goes well (read: Manufacturers meet their projected delivery dates), I'll have it together in about two weeks.  Here's a few tasty tidbits.

-Short barrel
-Very quiet
-Very fast
-Free floated
-Does require batteries
-Not an HK, but you'll see the resemblence

Of course, I'll be looking for some fellow shooters to take her for a test drive and get some feedback.  Just bring some ammo.  Hopefully, I can post pics in about two weeks.

VSP

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:17:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Book,
       It's your standard 5.56 round.  It's going to be a SPR type setup where P=CQB.  Got some of the parts today.  Hope the rest get here soon.

VSP
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I volunteer to help with the test drive.
I know this is a very selfless act on my part.

Congrats on what sounds like a great new rig.

ARH

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost finished.  Waiting on one more part.  It should be ready for a full blown T&E workout at the Oct. 23 FOP shoot.  Pics soon.

VSP
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Book,
   Yeah, I should be able to make it, at least I'm planning to right now.  The project just hit a small snag.  My optics aren't fitting the way I need them too.  Looks like a job for Mr. Dremel.  Hopefully, I can work through this little problem.  
Any word on the swap meet?  My trade pile is getting bigger and bigger!

VSP
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:08:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If the dremel doesn't work, then a MILSPEC manually operated kinetic impact device should. But since you're dealing with optics, instead of pounding the optics on, pound the mount on to the optics
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Success!  I only needed to dremel a little bit.  You won't even notice it if I don't tell you.  Now, just waiting on the one last part.  Hopefully, it should be here within two weeks.  Pics soon.

VSP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top