Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Iowa
Posted: 11/26/2013 12:26:26 PM EDT
I heard rumor there was a new indoor gun range being built in Cedar Rapids.  Anyone know anything about this?  True or False?  if true, name and location?

thanks
Link Posted: 11/26/2013 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Midwest shooting supply i believe.  Building a new building out on Center Point Rd.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info, looks like you are correct.  I found some info on their website about the range they are building.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 6:58:47 AM EDT
[#3]
There are rumblings about an outdoor range/complex in the planning stages near Ely/Solon area.

SUPPOSEDLY working w/ NRA to put in a 1k yd. range.
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 2:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

View Quote

That would be excellent!
Link Posted: 11/28/2013 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#5]
A 1k range or anything close would be amazing.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Related topic: there's a place labeled "GUNS" on Center Point Rd just south of Collins Rd/100, between securitas and a liberty safes sign. Anyone know what that is exactly?
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.027527,-91.667364&num=1&t=m&z=18&iwloc=A
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 5:19:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Midwest Shooting Supply on Blairsferry Rd. is building a new store in Hiawatha, it will have an indoor range, I think 6 lanes 25 yds. if I remember correctly.

The place on center point road is a small shop but its ok. I've picked up some ammo there.

Link Posted: 12/2/2013 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't heard anything good about the place off center point road. Main thing I've heard is price scalping on ammo
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 8:43:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
There are rumblings about an outdoor range/complex in the planning stages near Ely/Solon area.

View Quote

Lord, I hope that happens.  Even more so if A) I get a job in Iowa City B) they do some highpower and CMP matches C) it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to shoot there or join the range.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:22:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lord, I hope that happens.  Even more so if A) I get a job in Iowa City B) they do some highpower and CMP matches C) it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to shoot there or join the range.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last I heard I think the plan was private membership only, but annual was under $200. I think this is a few years out, but that's the plan last I heard. I was offered a position there, so I'll update everyone when/if I know more, depending on what I can or can't say.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Last I heard I think the plan was private membership only, but annual was under $200. I think this is a few years out, but that's the plan last I heard. I was offered a position there, so I'll update everyone when/if I know more, depending on what I can or can't say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I'll buy a membership now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:09:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Related topic: there's a place labeled "GUNS" on Center Point Rd just south of Collins Rd/100, between securitas and a liberty safes sign. Anyone know what that is exactly?
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.027527,-91.667364&num=1&t=m&z=18&iwloc=A
View Quote

2nd Amendment Co. they're a small gun shop but they do transfers for relatively cheap and the guy is always pretty helpful..
https://www.facebook.com/2ndAmendmentCoLLC

**EDIT**

Last time I was there I noticed that there is a gun shop (2ndA) as well as an "ammo" shop just down the shopping center. The ammo place had safes and random accessories, but not guns, and his ammo prices were riduclous.. But he's not part of the actual gun shop.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:25:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I give the Iowa and Utah Class about once a month at the 2A shop on Dodge Road at the place where the sign just says Guns. He is just a small single owner operation and used to. E in with the Liberty safe guy but didn't agree with the ammo pricing so he split and took his FFL down the way.

Link Posted: 12/14/2013 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Midwest Shooting Supply on Blairsferry Rd. is building a new store in Hiawatha, it will have an indoor range, I think 6 lanes 25 yds. if I remember correctly.

The place on center point road is a small shop but its ok. I've picked up some ammo there.

View Quote

I have only stopped by but the guy that runs seems like a good guy.  Really cheap transfers as well.
Page Hometown » Iowa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top