Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2011 7:06:07 AM EST
Gun counter opened at the PX today!

Tax free guns are good!

Stopped by to check it out but it was too dang crowded to get close enough to get any prices.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 1:01:08 PM EST
So report back when you have some prices....jeeez....talk about half assing it.....try harder Chuck!
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 5:21:24 PM EST
Originally Posted By RatTerrier:
So report back when you have some prices....jeeez....talk about half assing it.....try harder Chuck!

can't expect too much from him; he works for uncle sugar like you
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 6:20:20 PM EST
Originally Posted By Chucks1911:

Tax free guns are good!

Stopped by to check it out but it was too dang crowded to get close enough to get any prices.

So, military ID only? or can civies get in on that action?

Dave
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 9:59:08 PM EST
With all the crowds I was half tempted to bust out the ole card and join the club. Then I realized there was no money on the card and reality set in. LOL
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 6:12:44 AM EST
I heard the PX has a special on Rotel!
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 12:47:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By patrickcudd:
I heard the PX has a special on Rotel!

Whoa thats so wrong
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 12:48:56 PM EST
Originally Posted By ratski:

Tax free guns are good!

Dave

Military ID card will be required I suppose. I know how you can get one
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 12:55:06 PM EST

Tax free guns are good!

Dave

I was long after DoubleA left it would take for someone to step into the role.
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 9:10:07 PM EST

Had one for 11 years.

Dave

Tax free guns are good!

Dave

Link Posted: 12/24/2011 10:45:35 PM EST
Posted by Ratski;
Had one for 11 years.

Newbie.
Link Posted: 12/25/2011 10:29:26 AM EST
Originally Posted By TANGOCHASER:
Posted by Ratski;
Had one for 11 years.

Newbie.

Last one I had was 40 years ago. Hope I don't need another one.

Link Posted: 12/26/2011 1:30:07 PM EST
Well, looks like I'll be taking my yearly trip to post shortly.

Where's it at in the px, Chuck?
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 2:41:10 PM EST
Originally Posted By OklahomaSam:

I can answer that question.
It's under the roof.

Link Posted: 12/26/2011 2:48:24 PM EST
Dan you should have said "between the a and the t"
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 4:42:33 AM EST

Go in and turn left. Walk far enough and you'll hit it
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 12:13:56 PM EST
I went there at lunch today and no guns in sight, just an empty counter where the guns should be.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:29:58 PM EST
Originally Posted By 5pins:
I went there at lunch today and no guns in sight, just an empty counter where the guns should be.

Wow, they sold out REAL QUICK!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:37:08 AM EST
Originally Posted By TrackSol:

I heard that they were not sold out, just that they couldn't get into the safe that day to get the guns out.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 8:46:47 AM EST
Originally Posted By CAR-AR-M16:
Originally Posted By TrackSol:

I heard that they were not sold out, just that they couldn't get into the safe that day to get the guns out.

Probably because it takes three employees to open the safe (one for each number) and one wasn't there that day.
I'm not kidding either. The number of people it takes to open a safe because of security concerns in a gov't office will surprise you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 5:10:55 PM EST
Originally Posted By danc46:

It's under the roof.

You're so funny I'll be laughing the whole time my tax-free gun purchase is being rung up.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 5:23:19 PM EST
Originally Posted By danc46:

It's under the roof.

You're so funny I'll be laughing the whole time my tax-free gun purchase is being rung up.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:10:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/3/2012 10:10:25 PM EST by TANGOCHASER]
Posted by danc46;

Probably because it takes three employees to open the safe (one for each number) and one wasn't there that day.
I'm not kidding either. The number of people it takes to open a safe because of security concerns in a gov't office will surprise you.

Does this apply to GS employees? Ft. Sill only issue? Never had an issue with the active duty side an everyone in the office knowing the combo.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 2:36:05 AM EST
Posted by danc46;

Does this apply to GS employees? Ft. Sill only issue? Never had an issue with the active duty side an everyone in the office knowing the combo.

I know one of the guys that works the counter. He just retired from civil service a couple of months ago, and was going stir crazy so he figured that he needed something to do He doesn't know squat about guns
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:52:06 AM EST
Posted by danc46;

I know one of the guys that works the counter. He just retired from civil service a couple of months ago, and was going stir crazy so he figured that he needed something to do He doesn't know squat about guns

So it's just like civilian gun stores?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:32:46 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/4/2012 9:33:33 AM EST by TANGOCHASER]
I'm coming home in a week. Maybe I should convince the PX they really need me. Might still be gunstore commando stories but they would be new stories.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:48:14 AM EST
I'm coming home in a week. Maybe I should convince the PX they really need me. Might still be gunstore commando stories but they would be new stories.

What ? Getting out before the War starts
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:12:18 PM EST
Posted by ar_daddy;

Gettin out before they realize I started it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:22:01 PM EST
Posted by ar_daddy;

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:09:31 PM EST

I don't care who ya are that there is funny
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:30:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By Seansworth:
Posted by ar_daddy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cpbAs3aeRw

that is some funny stuff right there

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:17:47 AM EST

Coming home for good or just to visit?

Contractor jobs (at Mother Sill) are starting to..........dry up? Go away? No new contract? New contracts with fewer positions? Likely going to get worse.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:35:34 AM EST
Coming home for good. Going to Red Rock College for Heavy Equipment Operator and maybe Crane Operator. Thought I'd try something different and the starting pay is $17 an hour. A couple companies in the AO are hiring, one is a construction company working a gig on base now. Maybe there will be a lot of work if and when the oil pipeline project gets started.

High speed tango chaser to dozer driver. What a life.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:41:27 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/5/2012 8:28:00 AM EST by ar_daddy]
Coming home for good. Going to Red Rock College for Heavy Equipment Operator and maybe Crane Operator. Thought I'd try something different and the starting pay is $17 an hour. A couple companies in the AO are hiring, one is a construction company working a gig on base now. Maybe there will be a lot of work if and when the oil pipeline project gets started.

High speed tango chaser to dozer driver. What a life.

Glad your coming home , but you are going to miss out on a air bus or two .

USS. STARK. PAYBACK
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 12:00:25 PM EST
Yesterday was "burn the U.S. flag" day here in Bahrain and last week my flat was filled with tear gas. Time to come home before crazy becomes serious.

The company contract expires 15 Jan. Team has been told there is an agreed upon extension for 6 months but nothing in writing. They told us this same shit at the begining of this year right before they forced everyone to take leave during the 4 day gap between the old contract and the new. They forced everyone to take leave. They threatened to fire anyone who refused to take leave. "At Will" contract BS.

And the Navy command here will no longer sponser contractors for visas. We have to self sponser and it's a royal pain in the ass. I'm done with this company and their BS. They are also trying to deny my unemployment benefits by saying I self terminated despite the fact I have a contract letter with and end date of 15 Jan. They seem to not understand my contract with the company has no bearing on their contract with the Navy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:18:07 PM EST
RSR is the distributor. Was told if RSR carries it they can order it. This could be dangerous for my checking account.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:46:49 PM EST
I have a business account with RSR. Maybe that will help me slide into the job.
Top Top