Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2006 2:31:04 PM EDT
Hi all. New here, thought I'de introduce myself. I'm from Norfolk, VA. Female, 24, married recently to another member of this site (you guys know him as JustOneMore). He introduced me to this site. I have two guns, a Sig Sauer 2009 and a 232. Got Sig? have
Well, that's pretty much my gun history. Beyond that, I'm a puppy fanatic (no, really. Her name is Amy. Toy poodle. So cute, you could just diehat
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Its very nice to have you come aboard the Va HTF.  Its also nice to see the board become a little more diverse.  Hope you join us sometime in one of our many shooting gatherings.   But until then, keep shooting and having fun.

Welcome
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 2:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to our little corner of the web.  And it is nice to know there are women on this site even though they seem to be few and far between.  Oh and buy a real dog--not something puntable.
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
Welcome to our little corner of the web.  And it is nice to know there are women on this site even though they seem to be few and far between.  Oh and buy a real dog--not something puntable.

Oh, that's funny.his Thanks for the welcomes, guys.
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 3:34:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome.    Trying to get my fiance' into it, she's starting to come around
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome and congratulations on the recent marriage.
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome aboard!  Now I could just get my wife interested in this addiction.
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 8:20:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Welcome aboard!  Now I could just get my wife interested in this addiction.

Welcome!

and a big +1!
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 9:34:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I hadn't sold my 2009
Link Posted: 12/15/2006 10:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
welcome to the board, guess im not alone here in nawfuck on ar15.com now.
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 3:25:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
welcome to the board, guess im not alone here in nawfuck on ar15.com now.

I feel for you . . .I was a N boy for years in Ghent, before it suddenly became popular for low rents (HIPPIES), we called ourselves "Ghent Low Rents." Then it became high scale top shelf and mega buck expensive which ran the HIPPIES out . . but lucky me I got a little chunk of land in the woods and couldn't move out of there fast enough.

Welcome new guy who is a girl!
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 5:08:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Welcome to the HTF, good group of folks in here.

Link Posted: 12/16/2006 6:13:01 AM EDT
[#13]
welcome to VAHTF.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Welcome!

Danny
Link Posted: 12/16/2006 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Welcome.

Link Posted: 12/17/2006 7:33:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/17/2006 12:14:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Welcome. Also make sure you visit the Women's Forum.
Link Posted: 12/17/2006 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/17/2006 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Another tip-o-the-hat from another Norfolkite.

Link Posted: 12/17/2006 8:41:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Welcome from Alexandria.  I got Sig :)  

Enjoy the forum, and hope to see you at a shoot!
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 4:55:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Oh, I'm sure there will be a shoot near you soon.  That fellow ReelVirginian1861 (well, his cousin actually) has a big piece of land we shoot on once a year or so, we call it the Virginia Blastfest.  Camping, barbecuing, shooting and lots of BS stories, it's quite a fun time.  Oh yeah, I got Sig too, a 220 and a custom 226 that's still in the works.  Got a sister?    MJD
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 8:49:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Welcome to the site....from Chesapeake.  Graduated from ODU many moons ago and currently attending EVMS (so I know a lil' something about Norfolk).

Not to change the subject, but...when is the Virginia Blastfest...and is this by invitation only?

Happy Holidays to all.

-Doc
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Welcome from down around Pungo way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Welcome from Arlington.

So, what does ShvrBug stand for?  And, how many of your female friends can you get to sign up?

Nevis
Link Posted: 12/18/2006 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Welcome from Arlington.

So, what does ShvrBug stand for?  And, how many of your female friends can you get to sign up?

Nevis

ShvrBug Stand's for Shiver-Bug.  A nickname I gave her when we were dating.  She's from about 4.5 hrs south of here in NC and wasn't used to the colder winters of the hampton roads area.  We are still working on converting her girlfriends to gunfriends, but when we do convert them I'm sure she'll try to make ARFCOMers out of them.

I'm her Husband buy the way!

ETA: Not bad for a hundredth post huh?
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 4:12:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Welcome to the site....from Chesapeake.  Graduated from ODU many moons ago and currently attending EVMS (so I know a lil' something about Norfolk).

Not to change the subject, but...when is the Virginia Blastfest...and is this by invitation only?

Happy Holidays to all.

-Doc

Depends on when we feel like doing it.  Last year we did it in the middle of July, not too smart.  It was 95+ degrees in our tents at night.  This year we did it in September, much better weather.  For 2007 we might try to do it in the spring, we'll see.  Anyway, keep an eye on the hometown forum and you'll see the post, all are invited as long as they don't mind listening to ReelVirginian1861's history lessons.    MJD
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 5:10:24 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Happy Holidays to all.

-Doc

Depends on when we feel like doing it.  Last year we did it in the middle of July, not too smart.  It was 95+ degrees in our tents at night.  This year we did it in September, much better weather.  For 2007 we might try to do it in the spring, we'll see.  Anyway, keep an eye on the hometown forum and you'll see the post, all are invited as long as they don't mind listening to ReelVirginian1861's history lessons.    MJD

hwm,

Didn't you get the memo?

I quit teaching true history, discovered people like the television versions better.

Now I only talk guns, guns, guns!!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2006 12:33:01 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Happy Holidays to all.

-Doc

hwm,

Didn't you get the memo?

I quit teaching true history, discovered people like the television versions better.

Now I only talk guns, guns, guns!!!

Oh that's no good.  Now that you've quit teaching true history and the schools have given up on history entirely, what am I to do?  I guess I'll have to rely on the revisionists.  If I start spouting off stuff like, "the Chinese discovered America," you'll know they've gotten to me.  Come back before it's too late!  MJD
Link Posted: 12/21/2006 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#29]
welcome to the club, my wife and I are in the tidewater area and congratulations on your wedding.  this site is a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 1:46:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Welcome!!

I grew up in Norfolk (Larchmont in the house!!), now after living at the ocean front for 10 years I live is rural Chesapeake.  Good times.

I work in Norfolk and am there pretty much every day.  I try not to get assualted by ham weilding city councilmen!!

Ben
Link Posted: 12/27/2006 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Welcome!!

I grew up in Norfolk (Larchmont in the house!!), now after living at the ocean front for 10 years I live is rural Chesapeake.  Good times.

I work in Norfolk and am there pretty much every day.  I try not to get assualted by ham weilding city councilmen!!

Ben

Welcome ShvrBug!

BiggiBen, I live in Larchmont, this is a great neighborhood, but we are looking for some recreational acreage to buy out in the South Hill, Boydton, or South Boston general areas.
Link Posted: 12/29/2006 5:47:25 AM EDT
[#32]

ShiverBug and OneMore,
Welcome.  I live in VA Beach and work in Norfolk.  Ex-Squid married to a local, what can I say.  It would great to have a shooting event somewhere around here, maybe A&P out on Marvin Road.....  Glad to hear your experiences as a child shooting, I take my daughter to the range every chance I get, sh likes shooting almost as much as Karate...LOL  

Have a Happy and Safe New Year.

R/

Mike
VA Beach

Quoted:

Quoted:

Happy Holidays to all.

-Doc

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:35:12 AM EDT
[#33]
height=8
Quoted:
Oh, I'm sure there will be a shoot near you soon.  That fellow ReelVirginian1861 (well, his cousin actually) has a big piece of land we shoot on once a year or so, we call it the Virginia Blastfest.  Camping, barbecuing, shooting and lots of BS stories, it's quite a fun time.  Oh yeah, I got Sig too, a 220 and a custom 226 that's still in the works.  Got a sister?  Actually, I do have a sister, but I'm afraid she's taken, and hasn't the passion for guns. She's not against them, but she doesn't own any, and I can't remember if she's even shot one...
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:43:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
ShiverBug and OneMore,
Welcome.  I live in VA Beach and work in Norfolk.  Ex-Squid married to a local, what can I say.  It would great to have a shooting event somewhere around here, maybe A&P out on Marvin Road.....  Glad to hear your experiences as a child shooting, I take my daughter to the range every chance I get, sh likes shooting almost as much as Karate...LOL  

R/

Mike
VA Beach

That sounds like fun! Maybe after the holiday... we'll keep in touch.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:43:54 AM EDT
[#35]
height=8
Quoted:
Quoted:
ShiverBug and OneMore,

R/

Mike
VA Beach

That sounds like fun! Maybe after the holiday... we'll keep in touch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top