Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 10:04:59 AM EDT
Good afternoon fellow gun lovers. I am a new gun user and a new board member. I recently purchased a Beretta 9mm fs vertec and also got some Hogue finger grips for it. I had the opportunity of going to the American Classic indoor gun range in Norcross on Sat to fire off my first 100 rounds and had a blast :) I live near Duluth so the gun range is very convienent. I would like to thank my buddy from work for introducing me to handguns and this site. Before I purchased my 9mm, all I had was a Marlin 60 223 LR. I am thankful for the site and I also look forward to making friends here and possibly going to a shoot as well sometime.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the board and the Georgia Gang vetekbob.

ARH
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 10:42:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Run!  Run away while you still can!  There is no hope for me, but there is for you if you get out of here now!

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the board!  

I shoot at American Classic Marksmen every so often.  I work over in Norcross, so its pretty close.  They shoot IDPA matches there on Wednesday evenings.  Another member (zzxx99) and I have been talking about maybe going to some of the matches.  I've never shot IDPA, but zzxx99 and some other guys have.  They say it can really help you develop your skills and learn techniques.

Let me know if you want to go shooting sometime.  Also, we've been getting together for group shoots every few weeks/months.  Hope to see you at one sometime.  
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome!
Joel
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 12:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 1:03:14 PM EDT
[#6]
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the Dark Side, soon you will be the proud owner of one of the fine communist Kalashnikov series rifles!!!!!!   Do not fight these urges you need a Norinco Underfolder Pre-ban.  Once one of these touch your hands you are one of us.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:53:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Geez guys, we aren't supposed to scare them away until AFTER we see what kind of toys they REALLY have!

Glad to meet 'cha vetekbob, hope to shoot with you in the near future! Don't listen to these freaks, and don't feed the trolls!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:09:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Hi there, VETEKBOB-
 For everyone else, I'm the guy who "converted" him- we went to CE two weekends ago and blasted away at the pistol and rifle ranges. Conversations at work have been excellent ever since.
 Welcome to the addiction.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Greetings vetekbob, you will be assimilated.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you all for the warm welcome and book I will be glad to go to the range some time with you and hobbit as well seeing how he is the one that got me into all this in the first place lol :D Being around veteran gun-owners and shooters will be a good and worthy learning experience and tool for a newbie like me not to mention hanging out with people who are as anal rententive in a good way as me lol j/k if you guys promise not to get too tired of newbie questions and all. Being right wing and pro gun and less gubment at least gives me a good start on the right way to do things. I am looking forward to firing off many thousands of rounds with my 9mm and a little down the road ar15 :) I am trying to go slow and truly learn and take advantage of the wealth of information to be had not only on this site but on the net overall and its a good feeling to know that if I have honest questions or what have you that I can reach out to the crazed gun loving bunch here and I will get the facts as well as the been there done that viewpoint. Thanks again to all for the welcome.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:30:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Anytime, vetekbob.  

Ask all the newbie questions you want.  But that means we get free vet advice!  

Seriously, we love the chance to help out each other.  And the learning never ends.  For example, ARH and zzxx99 are forever helping me with my pistol skills.  chainshaw, j3_ and others helped me with my first lower build.  Bradd_D showed me the proper finger placement on the trigger (gee, you would think a hunter would know that kind of stuff - lol).  the_reject recently taught me how some chili can wait until you're sleeping before it makes you BADLY need a toilet.    And so on.  

You've stumbled into a good group, my friend.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:41:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
For example, ARH and zzxx99 are forever helping me with my pistol skills.

Tactical Mark!  Tactical Mark!

the_reject recently taught me how some chili can wait until you're sleeping before it makes you BADLY need a toilet.  

I had chili for lunch on Saturday, no dinner, then Donna cooked us chili-filled omelets for Sunday brunch after the gym, and then we had chili for dinner.  Death chili for three meals in a row!

Don't complain, you pansy.  You eventually get used to that knotting, twisting feeling in your lower abdomen that lets you know that the chili is about to exit the train.  

But all good things must end.  I polished off the last two bowls last night for dinner.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 4:41:57 AM EDT
[#13]
I felt fine until about 02:30, no shit.  Um, that’s not what I meant.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
AHHHH....I remember when I first found this board. I thought that I would build ONE AR15 and that would be it. Stooopid, Stooopid, Stooopid! This could be the single most expensive and addictive place that I have ever been.

Welcome aboard! I look forward to shooting with you.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#15]
hey where do you get one of those 223 LR guns from?
just kidding.  i am the only one here from south ga.  and welcome
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top