Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/23/2006 8:38:31 PM EDT
Hey guys!

I went to HS in San Antonio, but I wasn't much of a shooter back then.  Now I'm coming home from Iraq in about six weeks, and I'm going to come down to SA for the summer to spend time with my folks and my wife's folks.  

What's the scoop on good ranges and events (carbine matches, etc) in San Antonio?  Anything big coming up?  I perused the forum and it looks like Texas Tactical and The Bullet Hole definitely merit investigation.  Any other suggestions?  Do you SA guys have regular get-togethers/dinners?

Anyway, thanks in advance for any info.

ETA: found the SA ranges link in tacked threads, but would like to hear about any recommendations or special events
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thankyou so much for you service and welcome home Soldier!

As far as get togethers, We are working on that. (We need a sticky thread) This Sunday will be our first try at a San Antonio dinner. It will be at the Mamicitas on I-10 around Medical. I guess if we can get a regular crew we might try and do it every couple of months.

At the Bullet Hole we have more than one former ground pounder to talk good bull with.

We do walk on cash prize shoots every Thursday.

1st Thursday is 3 gun match
2nd is bowling pins
3rd is bianchi plates
4th is Hogans alley steel shoot (Moving and shooting multiple targets with a new moving target on the way)

1st, 2nd and 5th Saturdays are IDPA or Steel shoots.

Leagues are always running and a new one is about to start.

I sure would like to get a lot more going, I could do something every night if I could get people interested in helping and a core group I could count on to come.

I really want to do more Class III shoots. And with the longest public range in town ( 300 meters ) I would like to do more long range stuff.

How was that for the buck fitty sales pitch?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:48:57 PM EDT
[#2]
This all sounds great!  I've been wanting to get into some more varied competition shooting for fun.  Heck, with all this going on, I might have to move back to SA.  Unfortunately, for work/school I'll be stuck in the People's Republik of IL for a bit

I'll definitely see y'all down at the Bullet Hole come May.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top