Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 5:16:22 PM EDT
From the NRA-ILA

New York Members! Attend The 2004 Right-To-Carry Conference!

On Sunday October 3, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Doors open at 12:00 Noon), the Sportsmen`s Association for Firearms Education Inc. (S.A.F.E.) will be hosting its "2004 Right to Carry Conference" & Second Amendment Rally. The event will be held at the Sheraton, Long Island, 110 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Smithtown, NY, (631) 231-1100, (on Motor Parkway on North side of LIE between exits 53 & 55). In attendance at the event will be: Wayne R. LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President; The Honorable Bob Barr, Former Member, U.S. House of Representatives; Kayne Robinson, NRA President; John C. Sigler, NRA Second Vice President; Jim Fotis, Executive Director, Law Enforcement Alliance of America; John L. Cushman, S.A.F.E. President and NRA Director. Candidates for U.S. Senate from New York have also been invited! At the conference, you will get the latest information on the Right-to-Carry on Long Island, meet and network with fellow sportsmen, raise issues of concern with local and national leaders of Second Amendment organizations and local legislators, and win valuable prizes in drawings limited to attendees only. Admission & parking is free and the event is open to your family and friends.

Anyone going to say Hi to Wayne and get him started on getting the NYS AWB off the books?

Dan Tucker
UPstate NY
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've started putting some ideas together for a letter to NY politicians urging a repeal of the ban. maybe if I get it done I can drive to the other end of the state

wish they had done it a little more central. Albany would have been a better location
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#2]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:55:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Every year they send out those orange post cards about this event. That's your admission ticket, right?
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:23:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
From the NRA-ILA

New York Members! Attend The 2004 Right-To-Carry Conference!

On Sunday October 3, from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Doors open at 12:00 Noon), the Sportsmen`s Association for Firearms Education Inc. (S.A.F.E.) will be hosting its "2004 Right to Carry Conference" & Second Amendment Rally. The event will be held at the Sheraton, Long Island, 110 Vanderbilt Motor Parkway, Smithtown, NY, (631) 231-1100, (on Motor Parkway on North side of LIE between exits 53 & 55). In attendance at the event will be: Wayne R. LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President; The Honorable Bob Barr, Former Member, U.S. House of Representatives; Kayne Robinson, NRA President; John C. Sigler, NRA Second Vice President; Jim Fotis, Executive Director, Law Enforcement Alliance of America; John L. Cushman, S.A.F.E. President and NRA Director. Candidates for U.S. Senate from New York have also been invited! At the conference, you will get the latest information on the Right-to-Carry on Long Island, meet and network with fellow sportsmen, raise issues of concern with local and national leaders of Second Amendment organizations and local legislators, and win valuable prizes in drawings limited to attendees only. Admission & parking is free and the event is open to your family and friends.

Anyone going to say Hi to Wayne and get him started on getting the NYS AWB off the books?

Dan Tucker
UPstate NY

So what's so special that you need a conference to get latest info on the right to carry on Long Island?

They should hold that in NYC, Manhattan somewhere.  Waldorf.  I would buy a ticket for that show.

btw, my question to Wayne is when are we going to get some NRA assisatnce to get NYS pistol license rules changed from letting a local judge decide what restrictions to put on your license.  Uniform across all counties would be nice.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#5]
My Uncle is an assemblyman for one of the areas in the western part of the state. A Vietnam Vet & 2nd amendment guy. If we put someting together I'm sure he direct it through the proper channels.
-Justin
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:31:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My Uncle is an assemblyman for one of the areas in the western part of the state. A Vietnam Vet & 2nd amendment guy. If we put someting together I'm sure he direct it through the proper channels.
-Justin

There are a few bills in both houses limiting the local judge's authority to only enforcing what is in the penal code.  What  some local judge is doing is adding addition restrictions not written in the penal code on license holders.  You know, what they feel like.  So some liberal ass judge can say he's for the 2A.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:36:21 AM EDT
[#7]
He can get our voices heard, not push ideas into law. I hope your not refering to him as some halfass democrat? -Justin
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He can get our voices heard, not push ideas into law. I hope your not refering to him as some halfass democrat? -Justin

Any help would be great.  Never turn down help, no matter where it's coming from.  As for the halfass democrat.  Nah, would never insult someone whos pro-2A with such a low class label.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:43:30 AM EDT
[#9]
He has invited me to Albany to see how things work & get a chance on the floor. I am not the public speaking type. We do have some well spoken lawyers & other professionals on this board. I would love to see there faces w/ a bunch of us in ARFCOM & "Vote from the rooftop" Tees. They would start files on all of us. Ha, F@#$ em. -Justin
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:54:52 AM EDT
[#10]
It's a sad state of affairs when a L.I. resident can get a shall issue non-resident CCW in PA, CT and FL that is good to carry in more then half of the U.S. and in his/her home state they will only issue a restricted target/hunting permit.  In L.I. your licensing officer is the respective county police departments and not a judge.  

Oh yeah, BTW when they issue a judge a PP they don't restrict them to target shooting!  If your name is Howard Stern or Don Imus you can also get an unrestricted permit.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any reform of the permit system in NY.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:34:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It's a sad state of affairs when a L.I. resident can get a shall issue non-resident CCW in PA, CT and FL that is good to carry in more then half of the U.S. and in his/her home state they will only issue a restricted target/hunting permit.  In L.I. your licensing officer is the respective county police departments and not a judge.  

Oh yeah, BTW when they issue a judge a PP they don't restrict them to target shooting!  If your name is Howard Stern or Don Imus you can also get an unrestricted permit.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting any reform of the permit system in NY.

Would be nice if the NRA showed up in say Midtown Manhattan somewhere and got some face time or a rally.

I don't consider sneaking into Long Island, a show of support for us NY'ers.  Show up in Manhattan.  The heart of the enemy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#12]
every step is a help in the right direction. But I guess people who would buy guns grom Colt after their latest snub would not care about any ones right to carry or show up at a meeting to support gun rights.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
every step is a help in the right direction. But I guess people who would buy guns grom Colt after their latest snub would not care about any ones right to carry or show up at a meeting to support gun rights.

I agree with "every step is a help in the right direction".  But' i've contacted my local state reps and senators numbers of time on state wide CCW.  We've spoke on this a bit too.  None of them have ever been contact by the NRA or any other nation organization.  Nor do they worry about the numbers the NRA has his our area.

My beef with the NRA is on the states level in NY.  If they have done stuff, at least let us know about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top