Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2011 4:09:47 PM EDT
Is anything in the works? Is Lock n' Load or anybody doing anything special?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't count on it bro. Nevada shooters.com had some problems with thier last shoot and won't allow posting shoots on their board.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wouldn't count on it bro. Nevada shooters.com had some problems with thier last shoot and won't allow posting shoots on their board.

What happened?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 7:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When was this?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

July 02, 2011

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened?

The moron putting it together (owner of a company that went out of business) had tannerite set up WAAAAY to close to the firing line and sent lots of shrapnel back through the crowd and doing some vehicle damage.  A friend that was there said there was a lot of close misses, but luckily no one got whacked.  

It was someone else who set up the tannerite and shot it, not the event organizer.  It was not me.  The individual placed tannerite in a red metal container about 40 yards in front of the firing line.  I did not know that the red container had tannerite in it.  Since I was one of the first to get out to the hub cap spot, this person had to have set up the tannerite early in the day.  He was there when I arrived.  Based on my conversation with him before the initial safety briefing, he was not a newbie to firearms.  However, he did demonstrate very poor judgment.  I was standing next to him when he used his scoped semi-automatic AK style rifle to shoot the metal container with tannerite inside.  He hit it on the first shot and it went boom.  Shrapnel came back to the firing line and chewed up the interior of the open tail gate on a Subaru.  We had had a safety briefing at the start of the shoot with all attendees.  As soon as the damage to the vehicle was found, a cease fire was called.  The event organizer showed everyone what happened and it was made very plain that this was a stupid and dangerous thing to do.

My $0.02, don't look to any of the local shops to jump in on any more of these informal desert shoots.  If you want to shoot on New Year's Day, don't wait for someone to organize a local event.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened?

The moron putting it together (owner of a company that went out of business) had tannerite set up WAAAAY to close to the firing line and sent lots of shrapnel back through the crowd and doing some vehicle damage.  A friend that was there said there was a lot of close misses, but luckily no one got whacked.  

The guy who organized the shoot set the tannerite up that close to the firing line?  Wow.  So you were there, or your friend was?  Because I wasn't there, and I had to ask around to see what happened.  Seems like Different was there though, and he seems to know exactly what happened.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:46:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 10:56:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you sponsor and set up a shoot, you are responsible for keeping it safe, which wasn't done.

Its tough to keep an eye on that many people, plus a large inventory of guns no matter how you do it, and that shoot proved that the liabilty was too high unless its kept much more organized.

We will be doing something in the near future once it warms up a bit, but it will be much more organized, which people will complain about, but its the only way to go to avoid liability while we invite people to shoot our weapons.

That's not what you said, you said the guy, your exact words being "the moron", who organized the shoot was the one who set up the tannerite.  Not gonna argue that its a lot for one person to undertake, but at least be accurate in your statements.

People can complain about whatever they want, if they don't like it, don't go.  But the people who were organizing the shoots before were going out of their way to set something nice up for people to shoot at and hang out, calling them morons isn't really necessary, no matter how much you may not personally like them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 4:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

What happened?

"They" had tannerite set up WAAAAY to close to the firing line and sent lots of shrapnel back through the crowd and doing some vehicle damage. A friend that was there said there was a lot of close misses, but luckily no one got whacked.

EDITED TO NOT HURT ANYONES FEELINGS.  

No one's feelings are hurt, I'm just disappointed that the owner of a shop I still refer people to has to even act this way over something that's long over and done with.

It's sad really.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 5:26:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeez, too bad one persons poor judgement can cost us all a fun time. But isn't that the way it always goes?
However, I totally understand a shop not wanting to take on the liability for such an event, given today's litigious  nature.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#13]
I saw you guys at the shoots I went to but it didn't seem to me that you were the ones organizing them. I'm sure you're not the one Guido is referring to as a moron either.
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 11:24:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:55:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sure you're not the one Guido is referring to as a moron either.

Ron and I only refer to each other as moron's in private.    

Ya know, I'm just going to let that one go.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:51:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Thanks RON, and others that always seem to take care of the locals.

Link Posted: 12/29/2011 11:55:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Video of some shooting on last new years.

http://youtu.be/HKhHCc4IKL0
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Me and the wife might go out to the hubcap spot with some freinds from work New Years day. We don't get out as much as we used to. Sandy was in a bad accident and she is just now getting around on two healed feet . I havent spoken to Tom W. or Johnny D. but I will try to get a hold of them tommorow. I don'tknow if the Clark County Shooting Park will be open New Years Day But I will call tommorow and post here if they are. Cheers,Ronnie.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 9:22:07 PM EDT
[#20]
So who was the Idiot ?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 8:36:09 AM EDT
[#21]
What gun store lost its license?
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The only thing that's sad in my opinion is that we had a good thing going for years and the other dealer that decided to "take over" the events eventually had his license taken away by BATF.

Sorry, I didn't notice this earlier in the middle of you tooting your own horn.  This is news to me.  Here's what I don't understand.  You and Guido run a couple of fairly successful shops, that sell stuff for decent prices.  I've sent customers to both your shops, and I've had co-workers buy guns from your shop, you can ask Aaron.  Aaron and your other employees have taken great care of the people I've sent there.   What I don't get is the need that you 2 have to make stuff up and talk shit about a situation that is loooooong over.  Why don't you two worry about your own shops and building your businesses instead of going after people who aren't even competitors anymore?  Or even shops that are your competitors?  The firearms industry has enough problems between antigunners and the government dicking them around that they don't need their own industry buddyfucking them.  Its just sad and kinda pathetic.  Now that I'm seeing other shops in town that are matching your prices, I guess I'm just going to have to start sending people there instead.

And by they way, all those awesome pics that you posted when you weren't tooting your own horn that are supposed to represent all the years you "ran the shoot"?  I'm pretty sure they're all from the same day.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No one lost their license except for Citadel.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 11:29:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only thing that's sad in my opinion is that we had a good thing going for years and the other dealer that decided to "take over" the events eventually had his license taken away by BATF.

Sorry, I didn't notice this earlier in the middle of you tooting your own horn.  This is news to me.  Here's what I don't understand.  You and Guido run a couple of fairly successful shops, that sell stuff for decent prices.  I've sent customers to both your shops, and I've had co-workers buy guns from your shop, you can ask Aaron.  Aaron and your other employees have taken great care of the people I've sent there.   What I don't get is the need that you 2 have to make stuff up and talk shit about a situation that is loooooong over.  Why don't you two worry about your own shops and building your businesses instead of going after people who aren't even competitors anymore?  Or even shops that are your competitors?  The firearms industry has enough problems between antigunners and the government dicking them around that they don't need their own industry buddyfucking them.  Its just sad and kinda pathetic.  Now that I'm seeing other shops in town that are matching your prices, I guess I'm just going to have to start sending people there instead.

And by they way, all those awesome pics that you posted when you weren't tooting your own horn that are supposed to represent all the years you "ran the shoot"?  I'm pretty sure they're all from the same day.

Ouch!

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you need a license to open up a MG rental range? If so, they got it back because the big dude there keeps telling me about a range they're opening up in AZ. They've been pretty fair on ammo prices the last few times I've gone in on the way to hub cap.

Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:02:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:44:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Lets drop the subject if you don't want to discuss it....and on this I know ALL the facts first hand.  I watched this shit go down in front of my own eyes for way too long.  If you guys want to be believe the BS that he spews to this day, you can, thats fine.  I have the facts, piles of them, about why the shop isn't in business at all....and no one is talking about Citadel either, so don't bring them into this.

I don't believe anything anyone says, on either side, I'm just saying its petty and has nothing to do with anything going on today and the fact that you're running a successful business and still throwing little insults out there reflects badly on you and your business.  I never said I didn't want to discuss it, I just look at the facts as they're presented to me and I form my opinions based on that.  As for your facts, it seems they were contradicted by people that were actually present at the shoot, if you have all these awesome facts, why don't you state them, instead of something that obviously isn't true?  If its over and done with, then why don't you let it go?  The Citadel statement was a joke, but I've looked at the facts on that one too, and they don't look good on you either.  Whether Ron and you like it or not, there's going to be other gun shops in this town, no matter how much you two do to push them out of business or make things difficult for them.  I've kept my mouth shut for a pretty long time, but when I come on here and see you still talking shit and dragging him into something that he didn't even do, that just annoys the fuck out of me and I have to say something.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#29]
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Yg
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 5:42:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Getting back to topic, I'll be bringing and BBQing chicken
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I enjoy your posts, they are usually entertaining. This time you got out of your lane a little bit.

For years Doc has spent thousands of dollars on these shoots. He supplied ammo for free and offered to let people shoot any the company LMG's, SMG's, pistols, etc., he never asked anything in return. Then Guido got on board and was just as generous during the shoots he participated in.

The pictures are of different years, I know because I am in half the pictures.

Mr. FFL who lost his license was a recent fixture at the shoots, he never brought hundreds of guns and tens of thousands of rounds of ammo for the public to use free of charge. I am not going to talk shit about the guy cause I never did business with him - but I can say for a fact he never came close to contributing to the public shoots the way HDI, Lock N Load and NFA have.

Mr. FFL may be a nice guy in your opinion. That opinion is not shared by the majority of the industry guys in this town.

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 6:28:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks like the thread is way off topic and mods should lock it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I didn't push anyone out of business. Running a ponzi scheme, screwing customers and friends and lying to them constantly (while I came through for all of them), stealing, not paying your bills, not keeping your licenses current, etc gets you put out of business.

And as for the other ones, stealing from the military (your tax dollars) and reselling it to the people that pay for it (taxpayers) for a profit, also causes some trouble too.

I'm done with this conversation, I'm sorry you didn't like my remarks, and I have no problem with you, if you ever want to chat we can do it face to face and you know where to find me.

And for you to call me out on "dragging it on with my comments", I'm man enough to say it out loud while the other sneaky prick won't do that, he'll just pull BS stunts constantly like calling and lying to city inspectors, lying to customers to keep them from my store, etc.  He wore out his welcome with me.  Has nothing to do with competition or business at this point.  

You know my number, you can call me. NFA is a long drive you know, gas is expensive. Plus I heard fat people aren't welcome in your store.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:09:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This isn't Nevada shooters.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:10:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Not until someone tells me what FFL went under, dammit
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:13:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:15:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not until someone tells me what FFL went under, dammit

As far as I know his license wasn't revoke but whatever. As for bringing all the ammo to shoots I seem to remember him having a table of guns there as well.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:16:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:16:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't push anyone out of business. Running a ponzi scheme, screwing customers and friends and lying to them constantly (while I came through for all of them), stealing, not paying your bills, not keeping your licenses current, etc gets you put out of business.

And as for the other ones, stealing from the military (your tax dollars) and reselling it to the people that pay for it (taxpayers) for a profit, also causes some trouble too.

I'm done with this conversation, I'm sorry you didn't like my remarks, and I have no problem with you, if you ever want to chat we can do it face to face and you know where to find me.

And for you to call me out on "dragging it on with my comments", I'm man enough to say it out loud while the other sneaky prick won't do that, he'll just pull BS stunts constantly like calling and lying to city inspectors, lying to customers to keep them from my store, etc.  He wore out his welcome with me.  Has nothing to do with competition or business at this point.  

You know my number, you can call me. NFA is a long drive you know, gas is expensive. Plus I heard fat people aren't welcome in your store.

I'm not the one that wants to discuss this, you are.  And the fat thing is funny, you are one of the 3 people that that cocksucker said that to, and I've already corrected one of them.  Did we ever treat you bad when you came in the store?  If I had something to say to you I'd come say it like a man, not through an internet forum or to some faggot friend of yours.    

It was a joke bro. I don't really care what people think about fat people taking classes. And no, you didn't, that's why when people ask me what shop to go to and they tell me they live on that side of town I tell them to go to NFA. If they're the other way I tell them to go to LnL.
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:23:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 7:50:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not the one that wants to discuss this, you are.  And the fat thing is funny, you are one of the 3 people that that cocksucker said that to, and I've already corrected one of them.  Did we ever treat you bad when you came in the store?  If I had something to say to you I'd come say it like a man, not through an internet forum or to some faggot friend of yours.    

It was a joke bro. I don't really care what people think about fat people taking classes. And no, you didn't, that's why when people ask me what shop to go to and they tell me they live on that side of town I tell them to go to NFA. If they're the other way I tell them to go to LnL.

Just wanted to clear that up.......you can say what you want about me, but don't EVER say I don't love fat people!    

True story.  That's all I put on my resume and I got hired.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I guess that last comment brought up a good point.

There was a crew of about 5-10 guys at max that stopped coming to NFA when we booted out the other guy for obvious reasons.  When I ask around about why these certain people don't come in the store anymore, after WE helped them all out constantly even though the MORON was lying to them about things being his, or his "inventory" which he had none of, etc I hear that the MORON is out running his mouth saying that we called certain people names, we don't like fat people, etc........

If any of that was said to any of you, I would love to hear about it and repair the relationship because its all bullshit.

I love fat people, especially fat women.  I'm fat and so is 3/4 of my staff, and we're all pretty happy to be fat!  

I get treated with all appropriate respect at NFA, and I'm a fatty.  Hopefully not for too much longer, now that I've found some competent docs.  

Link Posted: 12/31/2011 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I love you too Jon. Now stop by and say hi at least.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I love you too Jon. Now stop by and say hi at least.

I will, next time I go to Utah.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Now go enjoy your god damn New Years Eve......

I still love ya Jon!

Enjoy my New Years Eve? You know what I do for a living, I haven't had a NYE off in at least 10 years.
Link Posted: 1/1/2012 9:19:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top