Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2006 7:34:08 PM EDT
I just bought a Sig Sauer Mosquito (.22 cal) today at Sam's. It was a used gun but used very little, I know the original owner. I picked it up for $300 bucks which is a darn good price for that little gun. It's about 90% the size of a P226 and it fits my hand pretty good. I also have a Ruger 22/45 and the Sig feels a lot better. It breaks down easier for cleaning. I know it's just a .22 so it's not a show stopper but it's a fun little plinker. http://www.impactguns.com/store/S-MOS-22-B.html
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm willing to bet it's not as accurate as the Ruger, but I agree about the coolness factor. If Walther P22's weren't so small I might get one of them but I would still trust my Ruger MK II much more.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just bought a Sig Sauer Mosquito (.22 cal) today at Sam's.

WWOP!

Quoted:
If Walther P22's weren't so small......

Got one when they first came out at Bens, and went straight to Wades.

I had no problem with the size, the pos didnt work. I tried 5 different types of ammo, all FTF, FTE, FT-WTF!

I sold that pos day 7 and have never even considered another Walther since. I even sold my P99 not too long afterwards.

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I just bought a Sig Sauer Mosquito (.22 cal) today at Sam's.

WWOP!

Quoted:
If Walther P22's weren't so small......

Got one when they first came out at Bens, and went straight to Wades.

I had no problem with the size, the pos didnt work. I tried 5 different types of ammo, all FTF, FTE, FT-WTF!

I sold that pos day 7 and have never even considered another Walther since. I even sold my P99 not too long afterwards.

That's the first time I've heard of anyone having trouble with the Walther P-22. All .22s are extremely ammo sensitive and you have to try to figure out which brand of ammo is the best one for your "particular" gun. You could have 2 guns, same make and model side by side and they would each use different ammo and shit all over themselves when you swaped ammo on them. Fortunately for me my Sig Mosquito likes the Remington Golden Bullets. It damn well better because I have about 5,000 rounds of the stuff stocked up for my Ruger 22/45! I shot the Sig Mosquito today and didn'y have any jams or FTFs. I think I'm going to sell my P22/45 because now I really can't justify having two .22 pistols.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That's the first time I've heard of anyone having trouble with the Walther P-22.

Really?  I've heard a lot of reports of trouble with the P22.  I know 4 friends that own them, and out of those 4, 2 have P22's that are total crap.  That is a 50% failure rate.  If you count CavVet's P22, that is 3 out of 5 with significant issues, or a 60% failure rate.  I think they are a great concept, but the execution of the concept has been dismal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:28:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the first time I've heard of anyone having trouble with the Walther P-22.

Really?  I've heard a lot of reports of trouble with the P22.  I know 4 friends that own them, and out of those 4, 2 have P22's that are total crap.  That is a 50% failure rate.  If you count CavVet's P22, that is 3 out of 5 with significant issues, or a 60% failure rate.  I think they are a great concept, but the execution of the concept has been dismal.

If that's the case, I'm glad I don't have one! I know a couple guys that have them and haven't had any problems but maybe they haven't shot them much either.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 4:52:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a Mosquito (new) for Christmas and it ROCKS! I posted some of my experiences w/ it in the Sig forum at this site. Youre really going to love that gun! Mine runs like a top although some have reported not so good experiences. I used to own a Trailside and found it HIGHLY ammo specific and required cleaning after every couple hundred rds. It was hard to have much fun w/ it b/c 200 rds is almost nothing. The Mosquito OTOH runs pretty well dirty. The most ammo Ive run thru in a single session is 700 rds w/o cleaning/lube -- a combination of Win powerpoints and CCI minimags. So far the ammo which runs the best is the CCI mini mags. Im planning to try out other brands though.

Stripping is super simple on the Mosquito as no tools are required and assm/disassm is very straight forward. Also there are few odd spots for dirt to build up. I do lube the slide/rail junction pretty freely. As far as I can tell the instructions say little about lube.

I hope yours runs well and you get much enjoyment out of it. I like RF a bunch -- you can shoot alot for short $$$.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#7]
After fixing the safety on my P22 it runs good. I got it 2nd hand from the show. I'd buy another if the price was low.

Can you get the Mosquito with a treaded barrel?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 9:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
After fixing the safety on my P22 it runs good. I got it 2nd hand from the show. I'd buy another if the price was low.

Can you get the Mosquito with a treaded barrel?

I don't know anything about after market barrels for it but I'm sure a good machinist could turn some threads on it!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 9:47:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a walther p-22....and the first time I shot it I couldn't get it to like any ammo I tried.....finally found out it liked CCI.  It can feed those all day long...for whatever reason...the p-22's seemed extra finicky about the ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top