Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 3/17/2006 3:46:09 PM EDT
In yesterdays paper there was talk that a new range is being proposed in Salt Lake County. It would be up Parleys Canyon where the Sheriff's officer range is. They want to have 2 indoor ranges, tactical shooting area, trap/skeet and a rifle range. I am not very computer literate or I would post a link to the article. But I think it was in the Deseret News yesterday. I hope they do it.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:42:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]
FBMG posted they were, Get Some is tyring to find the land to build, and rumor has it Impact is building that "Super Store" with a range.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Isn't FBMG planning on building a range in draper too?  I thought I read something here recently.

I was at their shop on thursday and we were talking about their plans for the new store. They said they are going to be building the new place across the interstate and that it will be much larger with a few indoor ranges.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#4]
We are building a rage down there, about 123rd south on the west side of the highway. We meet with the landlord and the bank again next week to finailize the details, and then the plans go to the City Council and the designers.

This new range is not really a good thing for several reasons. The person that proposed it is in bed with the developer that is trying to force Holiday out of business (though the IRS is about to do that anyway), the range is above 8000ft, which means it will not be fun to shoot at half the year, and it will be state run. That means all of the skill sets that you learn at 99.9% of the basic handgun course in the US can not be practiced there. Just like Lee Kay.

Just like Impact, Range Masters and the desert, it is still a ways for most people in SLC to drive to. Most people dont shoot because they dont have the time to drive way out there.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Also... I can't find FBMG's site URL. Can anyone help? I work across the highway at the eBay building and need a nice place to visit during my lunch break  I found it... Google is great.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The more options that aren't Lee Kay the better.

I've never been to Lee Kay...is it not worth going? I'm moving from Ogden to SLC in the fall and was planning on going there but if it stinks I'll find elsewhere.

I say the more ranges around here the better...it would be nice to have a really nice range that we could shoot out to 1000. I would then have an excuse to build a nice .308
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
We are "shooting" for the first of November to be open to the public.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:37:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Lee Kay is a nice range, and in the last few years some money was put into it to freshen things up a bit.

Like Medicman said, the staff leaves a lot to be desired.  But, if you can just go "whatever", it isn't too bad.

I do most of my shooting there, since I don't have time to make trips out to the desert.  I used to go to Holiday, but a lot has changed since my Grandpa was the president(changes for the worse).
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top