Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2003 6:47:07 PM EDT
There was a news blurb on last week about a new gun range under construction in Williamson County.  They did not give an address.

It was described as a full service range, and capable of handling tactical type training.  They mentioned it would be used by local/state police as well as feds.

Has anyone heard anything about this?  Is it LEO only, or will it be open to the general public?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:30:22 PM EDT
[#1]
let me know if you find out more, I live in Austin and wouldn't mind a little drive to shoot.  Where do you shoot at?  I just got my AR and would like to find a nice outdoor range.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
As I understand it is a LEO only and WM. Co. has Travis Co. and APD in it as well as RR PD all as members.  Supposed to be real high $$$ place.

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:23:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I heard it's the guy that runs the store at Tony's range just outside of Andice.  If you live in Austin, you go up 183 quite a ways almost to Andice, and Tony's is on the right.  It's a little run down, kinda small, but he lets you have at it.  Full auto is welcome there.

Not sure about this new range.  I'll definitely have to check it out.  
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Where do you all shoot at now?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:06:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey I am in Round Rock, Anybody want to get together for a shoot
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:49:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Jayhawker,

Do a search on Yahoo for Texas Tactical.  They put on carbine and IDPA matches.  Currently they're running them at Hill Country Rifle Range.  A little far from us in Round Rock, but the matches are fun.  The monthly carbine match was last Sunday, and the IDPA match is this Sunday.  I've met a few ARFCOMmers there.  

I probably won't be at the match this weekend... there's a tournament I might go to (fencing tournament).

Stovepipe, I either shoot at Eagle Peak or Red's in Pflugerville.  I like shooting outdoors, but EP doesn't allow FMJ rifle ammo, so it's a bummer when I want to go shoot surplus ammo.  Tony's on 183 is pretty loose about that, but it's small and a little run down.

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 8:48:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Matt, there is a new outdoor range on hwy 29 west of Liberty Hill about 10 miles,  has a gun store attached. Pretty good setup, but no shade.  Really nice folks.  FMJ is no problem.

The new range mentioned in Williamson county belongs to the sheriff's dept. Not open to public.  About friggin time they built one,  they've been shooting in a quarry for years.    
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:23:42 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Matt, there is a new outdoor range on hwy 29 west of Liberty Hill about 10 miles,  has a gun store attached. Pretty good setup, but no shade.  Really nice folks.  FMJ is no problem.

The new range mentioned in Williamson county belongs to the sheriff's dept. Not open to public.  About friggin time they built one,  they've been shooting in a quarry for years.    

Name of the range?  And do they allow us full-autoers out there?  Details man, Details!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top