Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2007 5:21:26 PM EDT
Moving from North CA to there.  I just got back from Allentown.  I love it over there.  Not to mention, I managed to make more money in PA than I do in CA!

However, how do you guys recommend making the move?  I don't want to put the miles on my truck towing my Scout and all my crap.  I thought about leaving my scout with my brother, and loading the truck in a shipping container (not sure if they will even let me), but when I looked at prices on PODs, they wanted over 5k to take to my apartment.

What do you guys recommend?
Link Posted: 10/2/2007 9:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
There are cross-country auto transporters that are affordable.  Your Yellow Pages or Google will get you some local numbers.

I drove back to NJ from Colorado in March.  Never again!  If I move back to Colo, I'm paying the interstate transport and flying out.

I am also trying to move to PA from NJ.  I've got my $ problems sorted out for now, and I want to regain some of the rights I enjoyed in Colo.  Plus I want to invest in a transferable M16 and Mini Uzi.   I'm shooting for Media, or West Chester, maybe north of Willow Grove
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 1:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Dependable Auto Shippers
WWW.DASAUTOSHIPPERS.COM

They do terminal to terminal shipping.  I had them ship my car from Dallas, TX to York, PA.  It was just under $500.
Link Posted: 10/4/2007 4:07:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Stoner,

If you move into Bucks County, you'd be good to go with personal ownership of Class III items.  Other than that, you'd have to go the corporate or trust route.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:13:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Welcome to Pa.!!!   compared to what you've been doing, this will be nervana...
valhalla...seventh heaven...a plate of grapes...72 virgins  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:42:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Welcome to Pa.!!!   compared to what you've been doing, this will be nervana...
valhalla...seventh heaven...a plate of grapes...72 virgins
Of the opposite sex of course!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:37:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome to the neighborhood.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top