Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/10/2006 9:26:05 AM EDT
Excellent website and forum! I live in Clackamas County, am a member of DRRC,  own a SA M1A NM SS synthetic and a Bushy XM15 and was proud to have served aboard the battleship New Jersey back in the early 80's, respectfully request permission to come aboard??

"BattleshipSailor"
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Permission granted.  Welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
BB 62

Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm AWOL.

Welcome!
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]

You don't have a "pirate gun" do you?
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Permission granted.  Welcome aboard!

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Welcome aboard friend!

Hope to see you at one of hte next meets and or Practical Rifle!

CH
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Coulda just bum rushed your way in like I did, but since you asked politely, welcome to the group.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:32:07 PM EDT
[#8]
We're gonna need wallet size picts of ya.  Mail them to Petagunner.  

Mark.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Welcome aboard.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:39:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:54:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

<--------  Lots of that in Vegas!!!!

Eightballs and hookers!!! !
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:20:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome BattleshipSailor.  Pull up a chair and enjoy the madness.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:33:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Greetings and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 12:53:32 PM EDT
[#15]
AHh shit just what we need...

Another ex-Navy guy.

What where you? And who turned on the bilge pump to get you out?

Oh and welcome.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:32:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Many thanks to all for the various (and colorful) "welcomes"!

Cape-hunter, once I know of the time and place count me in, always nice to spend quality time with fellow enthusiasts!

VA_gunnut, I joined well before I actually owned my Bushy and used the various recommendations
from the AR15 gurus to make my selection of it. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago that I found this "Hometown" forum and hopefully will have plenty to post about now!

"ilike9s", I was an E6 selectee but got out two weeks before I could have put my 3rd chevron on. My rate was EM (electrician's mate) and was one of the lucky one's in Engineering to have been TAD to Weapons Dept. for our  7 month stint supporting our Marine's on-the-beach at Beirut.  I was the turret electrician for Turret III and our two aftermost 5" gunmounts but due to Condition
III (one 16" turret and two 5" gunmounts manned at all times while off the coast of Beirut) spent time in all three turrets, all six gunmounts, the plotting rooms, fire control stations and the Combat Engagement Center (CEC). Being an avid gun-nut, there was no better place in the Navy
to be than on an Iowa-class battleship!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:45:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Many thanks to all for the various (and colorful) "welcomes"!

Cape-hunter, once I know of the time and place count me in, always nice to spend quality time with fellow enthusiasts!

Our informal get togethers are usually talked about for months before hand...cant miss those if you pop in here oftern enough. As far as PR, check the the tacked thread HERE.

Everythign you need to know about attending your first PR.

Look forward to see ya!

Link Posted: 2/13/2006 7:27:27 AM EDT
[#18]
Alright!  Another Squid!  I also got out as an EM1 selectee, but I DID get to put it on, not that it mattered really.  I was on a submarine, however.  USS Helena (SSN-725).  Hope to meet you at one of our numerous get-togethers!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:43:52 AM EDT
[#19]
PromptCritical, cool, a fast-attack submariner no less! Was Helena an Improved-L.A.class with the vertical Tomahawk launching system? I know you guys had to be well trained enough to get the coveted "SS" after your rate/rank and in some commands it was mandatory. I was an EM2(SW) by the time I got out, but for we "skimmers" it wasn't mandatory unless you were trying to make the jump from Chief to Senior Chief.
Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to meeting you too!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Welcome to the boards!  
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to the crazy world or Oregon Arfcom? Enter with Caution!
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 2:40:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Welcome to the crazy world or Oregon Arfcom? Enter with Caution!

Some one forgot her purple words.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#23]
"ilike9s"- I guess you could say my wife "turned on the bilge pump to get me out". Between losing her father in Vietnam, my being off Beirut when my son was born and our being shot at intermittently at first and building up to a full scale artillery duel back in Feb.'84, she didn't want to lose me too.
"PromptCritical"- were you an EO Nuke on the Helena?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#24]
BBSailor:

Helena is an improved 688.  Upgraded propulsion plant and 12 launch tubes of Tomahawk whoop-ass!, and Yes, I was one of those Nuke EO guys.

ETA:  I got a chance to see the New Jersey when she came to the Rose Festival in 1990 (I think).  Damn, that thing was cool.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:28:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like a friggin pirate convention in here!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 6:33:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

ARRRRRR!  Silence! Lest ye be keel-hauled!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARRRRRR!  Silence! Lest ye be keel-hauled!

Thats BS, I demand the plank!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
"ilike9s"- I guess you could say my wife "turned on the bilge pump to get me out". Between losing her father in Vietnam, my being off Beirut when my son was born and our being shot at intermittently at first and building up to a full scale artillery duel back in Feb.'84, she didn't want to lose me too.

Yah, I know what you mean, I and my wife did not want me to stay in.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yah, I know what you mean, I and my wife did not want me to stay in.

The sad part is, there are a lot of wives who actively try to keep their husbands IN the military.  Usually wives with medical problems (Nevy benefits), no social skills (Wives clubs provide friends), and a myriad of other reasons.  I met a few wives that were real pieces of work.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#30]

ETA: I got a chance to see the New Jersey when she came to the Rose Festival in 1990 (I think). Damn, that thing was cool.

Prompt, it was like that where ever we went, (with the exception of Naples, Italy for some peculiar reason)heNice and Monte Carlo. There were so many cars of people who wanted to see the Jersey that the highway between Nice and the Ville was completely closed off to through traffic for the first time in it's history! I'm not sure if the novelty wore off when the other three Iowa's were recommissioned after us, but I'd guess that it wouldn't have, they had an aura about them that was uniquely American in a "John Wayne" kind of way!

The sad part is, there are a lot of wives who actively try to keep their husbands IN the military. Usually wives with medical problems (Nevy benefits), no social skills (Wives clubs provide friends), and a myriad of other reasons. I met a few wives that were real pieces of work.

I'm one of the lucky one's thankfully, we'll be celebrating our 24th anniversary this coming June,5!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
have

I've an IZHMASH Tromix Modified Saiga-12, would that count?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:20:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't have a "pirate gun" do you?

I've an IZHMASH Tromix Modified Saiga-12, would that count?

Now that, I would like to play with...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm one of the lucky one's thankfully, we'll be celebrating our 24th anniversary this coming June,5!hr

You ought to grab the little lady, and take her for a camping trip over in Joseph after 2 weeks after that!
Great area to visit......oh.........there is a machine gun shoot that weekendhr

Sounds like fun but I'll have to plan on a later shoot, my son's getting married on June 17
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top