Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2005 5:16:12 PM EDT
I wanted to get a first post in here to introduce myself. I've been lurking around as time permits but that isn't too much these days with work and all....

I am a former Marine Sergeant and served 97-02. My second deployment overseas came unexpectedly five days after Septermber 11th, 2001. I was in the AOR from the very beginning of our operations against the Taliban and left the AOR in April '02. Since then I went back to college and am currently working as a Software Engineer in the avionics industry. I live in the Melbourne area (Crisco is my older brother - he posted his intro a few days ago) but travel to Albuquerque on a regular basis for work.

Now for the good stuff... lets talk AR's!! I have always loved the look of the A2 style upper and it isnt hard to guess why (see above paragraph). She is a Bushmaster 16" with telescoping stock, A2 upper, and iron sights. I recently added about $1000 worth of mods I got from Talon Arms (those guys are so awesome). The mods include the Sampson MRFS rail system, Tango Down Vertical grip, Tango Down battle grip, Pentagon light w/ pressure pad, and (the ultimate) an EOTech 511. I also picked up a few extra mags and some other goodies I cannot recall at this time. The worst part about the whole thing is that the day after I installed all the mods I had to go to ABQ and have been stuck here since... I havent even got to go to the range with the new mods yet!

OK, some pictures for you.

I forgot to put all my medals on before taking this. Will have to do it again!
http://www.avrid.com/files/T_ARBlues.jpg

Standard post-mod pic...
http://www.avrid.com/files/T_ARPlain.jpg

A nice composition....
http://www.avrid.com/files/T_ARCamo.jpg

One last one: pre-mod
http://www.avrid.com/files/Terry%20Shooting%20005.jpg
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
cool welcome aboard.... pic's are a little big, but welcome and come to the shoots, your among friends........ aza
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:05:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I noticed that. I will get the resized and replaced as soon as I get a spare moment.

I noticed the shoots up near Lake City... looks awesome. Might be time for a road trip!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]
ya i felt like an ant (looking at the pic's).  but yes, come to the shoots! at ours we talk, shoot, and eat, then shoot some-more. can't beat that with a stick.......

ps: we really don't care about the pic's sizes, were just haze'ing you...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:19:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Semper Fi, brother.

Come up to Titusville the first Sunday in February. I'm the RO on that day and you can shoot for free that day. Just bring a print out of this posting and ask for Frank.

Check out TRPC

P.S.>- This offers stands for any ARF.comer
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Forget about shooting for free.... what about getting in early?

I would love to start about 7 or 8 in the morning as this gives me plenty of time to shoot and still have lots of time in the day left to go home and do other stuff.

If I could change one thing about that range, it would be to open earlier. Oh, and to add a plinking range.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:38:41 AM EDT
[#7]
That range looks familier...  Is that the one down in Sebastian?  Looks like they fixed it up pretty good.  And welcome aboard!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Welcome aboard Marine. I'm in the Melbourne area as well. Check your brothers post for some info on ranges i left for him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top