Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2016 9:50:14 PM EDT
http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2016/04/gun_rights_group_wants_state_police_guide_on_backg.html#incart_2box_nj-homepage-featured

I guess someone is working harder than the NRA here in Jersey

Maxwell
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Made Hot. Also, this doesn't mean they are working to change this states shitty laws.

Edit was because for some reason when I made it hot it linked an damn Ebay ad.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Sure it does.  This is a big ticket item for the "Establish Compliance" campaign.
Link Posted: 4/6/2016 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sure it does.  This is a big ticket item for the "Establish Compliance" campaign.
View Quote

Maybe I'm cynical but unless the laws are put more inline with real America and real free states I don't believe it'll change anything for us. We're still going to be criminalised and oppressed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 6:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Big friggen deal. Solves nothing.

Change ain't happening here. No way no how!
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:54:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Oops, wrong post

Instant gratification has become the norm in our present day society.  So when things take a while to change, many individuals refuse to accept the possibility that with time and personal effort, change over time is possible.

Following is the ending of an e-mail sent out to members of ANJRPC, the perspective of these individuals is a positive one.  It may take a while and I may never live to see the change in gun laws in our state, but my children may indeed take full advantage of our Constitutional rights, which we lost because of our complacency.

Keep the faith and discard negativity!

According to gun rights guru and ANJRPC legal affairs chair Evan Nappen, Esq., "The Governor's recommendation would incrementally improve justifiable need by allowing the demonstration of urgent necessity to be met by 'serious threats', as opposed to just 'specific threats and previous attacks.' It further adds a standard of reasonableness to the requirement that the threat cannot be avoided by means other than carrying a handgun. It opens the door to many qualified individuals getting a carry permit who otherwise would be denied." For an in-depth discussion of justifiable need and how the Governor's recommendation would make an incremental improvement, listen to this extensive interview with ANJRPC attorney Daniel Schmutter, Esq.

ANJRPC President and national pistol champion Kathy Chatterton commented, "New Jersey's current unacceptable 'justifiable need' standard has an especially harsh impact on women. Women frequently become the targets of stalkers and vengeful ex-husbands or boyfriends. New Jersey must join the 43 other states that recognize concealed carry as important to a woman's right to protect herself when facing this kind of danger. Self-protection outside the home is everyone's right - including women!"

While ANJRPC is committed to fully restoring the right to carry and ending the Garden State's medieval mistreatment of gun owners, even a modest incremental improvement in a standard destined to be overturned is welcome in the meanwhile.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:45:36 AM EDT
[#6]
So where can I view the complete document? I didn't see it on the NJ2AS site.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2787717-Firearms-Applicant-Investigation-Guide-REDACTED.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2787717-Firearms-Applicant-Investigation-Guide-REDACTED.html

Thanks.  I thought the NJSP were ordered to release the unredacted version though?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I thought the NJSP were ordered to release the unredacted version though?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're forgetting. This is NJ none of the things apply to the NJSP or local police. They do what they want.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top