Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 3:26:32 AM EDT
I heard this news story on the news on the drive into work this morning, but the numbers didnt match up in my head so I found the PUBLISHED STORY.  New Hampshire has the highest per capita machine gun ownership at a whopping 9,863 in the state.  Also reported was that this is 7.5 machine guns per 100,000 people .  Apparently they are just real bad at math or the population of New Hampshire jumped to 130 million without anyone telling me.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm proud to be a part of that statistic, right or wrong!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm proud to be a part of that statistic, right or wrong!

Agreed!
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:19:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I heard this news story on the news on the drive into work this morning, but the numbers didnt match up in my head so I found the PUBLISHED STORY.  New Hampshire has the highest per capita machine gun ownership at a whopping 9,863 in the state.  Also reported was that this is 7.5 machine guns per 100,000 people .  Apparently they are just real bad at math or the population of New Hampshire jumped to 130 million without anyone telling me.

Per 1,000 people, not 100,000
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 4:42:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per 1,000 people, not 100,000

But...but... the media reported it as 7.5 per 100,000 and the media is never wrong
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#5]
....and so many people in NH are victims of machine gun violence each and every day.  Even ingnoring the math fail, where is the problem?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 5:30:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
....and so many people in NH are victims of machine gun violence each and every day.  Even ingnoring the math fail, where is the problem?

The problem is obviously that I dont have one .  Honestly, just another instance of the media thrying to scare the public with nothingness.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I suspect this is due to having Ruger, Sig Sauer, and especially H&K all manufacturing full-autos here.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 8:21:11 AM EDT
[#8]
The weasels are probably counting the machine guns of private owners and state police/ NH nat. guard all added together….
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The weasels are probably counting the machine guns of private owners and state police/ NH nat. guard all added together….

The article did state that it might include military and other government.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 6:38:08 PM EDT
[#10]
A similar story showed the per capita for the rest of the nation and DC I believe was number two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top