Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2010 2:48:03 PM EDT
Quick Question

I'm getting my FFL and wanted to find out what the going price is for xfers as a whole (Not just locally)

What is an acceptable price to charge to do xfers?

Also would anyone think this is a good idea or???

$100 year membership (gets you)
Free Xfers for the year (+ $10 per TICS)
NIB Glock Drawing (Every year in Dec, only for members)
Stocking Dealer Drawing (free stuff I get from glock,ruger,sig,etc... for being a dealer)
Email Specials (Dealer Price when I get specials)

Anything else you can think of to add in?
How is the price?
Anyone else you know do anything like this?

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 2:58:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't do it. Transfers around here (Nashville) are generally $25+$10 TICS.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wouldn't do it. Transfers around here (Nashville) are generally $25+$10 TICS.

Thats what I was thinking $25 per xfer and/or the yearly cost.

I know last year I purchased 17 firearms myself and the shop I used was $20 per (untill they closed up) and they were the cheapest. Some of the others around me charge $35/$50/10% of weapon cost (figure that one out LOL)

PS Love your User Name
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You might want to scan here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=38&t=285034 although those dates are kind of old.

$25 is pretty much the going rate.  If I can't find it for $25 or cheaper, I go to a pawn shop.

eta: there's a hardware store near me that has spoiled me with $10 per transfer.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You might want to scan here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=38&t=285034 although those dates are kind of old.

$25 is pretty much the going rate.  If I can't find it for $25 or cheaper, I go to a pawn shop.

eta: there's a hardware store near me that has spoiled me with $10 per transfer.

Thank you for the link. $10 xfers would be nice (and saved me 1/2 of what I paid last year lol)

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If I buy something somewhere else and transfer, usually off the EE here, my FFL charges $25+$10 tics.

If it's a special order for me he charges 10% over dealer cost. At 10% he is still usually way cheaper than anyone else. He will also let me special order and still use layaway. That gets me in trouble sometimes.

At one point my brother had over $6000 in layaway. I try not to keep more than a $1000 or 2. But one year between the two of us I think we spent a little over $12,000 with him. I think he would order an Apache for my brother if he had room to park it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:49:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If I buy something somewhere else and transfer, usually off the EE here, my FFL charges $25+$10 tics.

If it's a special order for me he charges 10% over dealer cost. At 10% he is still usually way cheaper than anyone else. He will also let me special order and still use layaway. That gets me in trouble sometimes.

At one point my brother had over $6000 in layaway. I try not to keep more than a $1000 or 2. But one year between the two of us I think we spent a little over $12,000 with him. I think he would order an Apache for my brother if he had room to park it.

Dealer name? A pm would be fine if you didn't want to post it here.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 5:52:57 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a place on Charlotte Pike doing $10 transfer plus TICS
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 6:11:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

There is a place on Charlotte Pike doing $10 transfer plus TICS

For TGO members.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I can get free transfers, so any thing more than free is to much for me.
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 10:42:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can get free transfers, so any thing more than free is to much for me.

LOL
Link Posted: 10/26/2010 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#11]
I pay $20 plus $10... If I get more than one firearm from the same seller at the same time I still only pay one transfer ($20 plus $10)..
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 4:30:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't mind posting. Mike's Gun Shop. It's located in Tazewell, TN. Mike Bussell is the owner. He is there pretty much every day except Wednesday. In which he is at his other location under the same name in Middlesboro, KY.
Don't know that he would special order and allow layaway for just anyone. But I am pretty sure the 10% over his cost is standard. I'm sure the mark up in his store is a little more than that. But with in stock inventory there is no way of knowing how long it may sit there before it sells. With special order he knows it's going somewhere. But his in store prices are still very reasonable. And he keeps a LOT of inventory for a smaller gun shop. Everything from Walther P22's to Barrett .50BMG. It's wall to wall. If you don't see what you want you need to ask. Chances are it's there, they just didn't have room to display it.

Link Posted: 10/27/2010 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't mind posting. Mike's Gun Shop. It's located in Tazewell, TN. Mike Bussell is the owner. He is there pretty much every day except Wednesday. In which he is at his other location under the same name in Middlesboro, KY.
Don't know that he would special order and allow layaway for just anyone. But I am pretty sure the 10% over his cost is standard. I'm sure the mark up in his store is a little more than that. But with in stock inventory there is no way of knowing how long it may sit there before it sells. With special order he knows it's going somewhere. But his in store prices are still very reasonable. And he keeps a LOT of inventory for a smaller gun shop. Everything from Walther P22's to Barrett .50BMG. It's wall to wall. If you don't see what you want you need to ask. Chances are it's there, they just didn't have room to display it.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top