Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2008 7:00:17 PM EDT
Apparently so, as I was told by a manager at Walmart that state law prohibits them from selling me ammo after 9pm. After I politely instructed her otherwise she challenged me to "go ahead and try to get your bullets then."

Of course I talked to another manager and "got my bullets."

Btw looks like the WWB 9mm value packs are 19.97 all over, luckily my store hadn't changed the price yet so I picked up a case at the old price.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:14:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats just walmart's policy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#2]
When I used to paintball I had a clerk tell me that paintball had been outlawed in our county and that they didn't sell paintballs anymore. A quick call to the sheriff's department proved otherwise.

Learned quickly that Wal-Mart employees don't know shit.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I just found it amusing. Oh well, story ends well so no harm no foul.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Just this past Monday in Austin, I had stopped by Wal-Mart (near 290 & MoPac) around midnight and saw a new brand of Federal .223 55gr FMJ in a 100-round box for $40. Tried to get some and they told me they stopped selling ammo at 10pm. Stopped by the same store on Wed night about 9:45pm and a different guy told me that they recently changed it to 12 midnight. Ended up buying 2 boxes.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:34:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I've tried to buy ammo at Walmart 3 times so far.  Only once was there someone able to help me out.  I give up after waiting 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:41:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I've tried to buy ammo at Walmart 3 times so far.  Only once was there someone able to help me out.  I give up after waiting 5 minutes.

I track someone down and tell them to please go behind the counter and get me some ammo.  Works every time.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I track someone down and tell them to please go behind the counter and get me some ammo.  Works every time.

I just go behind the counter and start trying to get it myself and somebody always shows up pretty quick.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:08:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think that might be the reason they are working at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:22:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Thay work at wal-mart becase the space center closes at 6:00pm
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 4:24:46 AM EDT
[#10]
height=8

That actually makes sense. I was looking at office chairs once and a shelf stocker was nearby and was trying to "sell" me the more expensive chair. Told me that he had one while he was an undergrad and it helped him get through some cram sessions.

A friend and I couldn't help but laugh as we walked away. If he had his undergrad, why was he stocking shelves in a Wal-Mart in Bryan, Texas.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:13:53 AM EDT
[#11]
My Walmart locks them up in a display case.  Been to another one where you could just walk behind, but not this one.  =-/
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 7:22:53 AM EDT
[#12]
height=8
Quoted:

I have the local Wal-Mart numbers programmed in my phone.  No one there at the counter?  I call and have them page someone.  

Works for me.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:50:19 AM EDT
[#13]
These are the kind of folks who work at Wal-Mart:
Missouri Woman Sues Wal-Mart, Others for Discrimination Against Her and Her Pet Monkey
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Associated Press

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. —  A southwest Missouri woman sued Wal-Mart, local health officials and Cox Health Systems, claiming they discriminated against her and her monkey named Richard.

Debby Rose of Springfield said in the lawsuit that the 10-year-old bonnet macaque helps curb a social anxiety disorder that can cause her to have panic attacks in public.

The suit contends the Springfield-Greene County Health Department lacked the authority to decide that Richard is not a service animal under the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Health officials in 2006 sent letters to restaurants and grocery stores, advising them not to let Rose in with the monkey.

Rose also alleges she was denied access to Cox Health Systems facilities.

The three entities declined to comment on the lawsuit.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:13:28 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Missouri Woman Sues Wal-Mart, Others for Discrimination Against Her and Her Pet Monkey
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Associated Press

www.foxnews.com/images/400294/2_61_071908_monkey2.jpg

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. —  A southwest Missouri woman sued Wal-Mart, local health officials and Cox Health Systems, claiming they discriminated against her and her monkey named Richard.

Debby Rose of Springfield said in the lawsuit that the 10-year-old bonnet macaque helps curb a social anxiety disorder that can cause her to have panic attacks in public.

The suit contends the Springfield-Greene County Health Department lacked the authority to decide that Richard is not a service animal under the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Health officials in 2006 sent letters to restaurants and grocery stores, advising them not to let Rose in with the monkey.

<Deiter> Would you like to touch my monkey???</Deiter>
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:20:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Associated Press

Monkey named Dick, no less.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

That actually makes sense. I was looking at office chairs once and a shelf stocker was nearby and was trying to "sell" me the more expensive chair. Told me that he had one while he was an undergrad and it helped him get through some cram sessions.

A friend and I couldn't help but laugh as we walked away. If he had his undergrad, why was he stocking shelves in a Wal-Mart in Bryan, Texas.  

At least it wasn't the Wal-Mart in College Station, as that one sucks more than the Bryan one.

You'd think it'd be the other way around though...being Bryan, and all.

ETA: Lotta Ags in this thread.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Man the College Station wal-mart blows. I refuse to go there. I will go out of my way to hit up the Bryan one. I've driven up there at 3:00 am because I was coughing up a storm and needed some meds.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#18]
here's the deal with walmart...most of the employees are stupid and the ones that aren't, have just been told wrong by the stupid ones, if you want anything done right get the ones that work in connection center(cell phone area) almost every walmart i've seen they actually hire competent people there and a lot of the times that's near sporting goods...my fiance works the later shift and has sold many times past 9pm...of course it could be a store manager telling them what to do, in that case...might wanna just get them during 'business hours' which is bs
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Man the College Station wal-mart blows. I refuse to go there. I will go out of my way to hit up the Bryan one. I've driven up there at 3:00 am because I was coughing up a storm and needed some meds.

+1 for the Bryan Wal-Mart. The CS one is ghetto as hell. Even though Bryan is also, the wal-mart over there is okay. The people behind the counter were actually helpful the last time i was there.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:37:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
If he had his undergrad, why was he stocking shelves in a Wal-Mart in Bryan, Texas.  

Because he was probably a liberal arts major.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:42:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If he had his undergrad, why was he stocking shelves in a Wal-Mart in Bryan, Texas.  

Because he was probably a liberal arts major.

I resemble that remark.

Thats why I'm in Grad School.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 9:18:19 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Apparently so, as I was told by a manager at Walmart that state law prohibits them from selling me ammo after 9pm. After I politely instructed her otherwise she challenged me to "go ahead and try to get your bullets then."

Btw looks like the WWB 9mm value packs are 19.97 all over, luckily my store hadn't changed the price yet so I picked up a case at the old price.

That is just a policy...can't get electronics past a certain hour either.  The guy with the keys is on "break."
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:02:58 AM EDT
[#23]

ETA: Lotta Ags in this thread.

+1
Wish I had studed more

Did finish my BS later
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 1:18:16 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just this past Monday in Austin, I had stopped by Wal-Mart (near 290 & MoPac).

This is the Wal-Mart that has construction next door?

Stopped there to get ammo and it took foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr from someone with the key to help me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Maybe you now see that there is a reason they are working at wally World!

One more reason I refuse to stop for thei shakedowns as you exit the store:

Wallyworld space shuttle door gunner:  Sir, I need to check your receipt

Me:  I'm sorry, I don't speak that language

Wallyworld space shuttle door gunner: (In spanish)  Sir, I need to check your receipt

Me:  I don't speak that fucking language either.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you now see that there is a reason they are working at wally World!

One more reason I refuse to stop for thei shakedowns as you exit the store:

Wallyworld space shuttle door gunner:  Sir, I need to check your receipt

Me:  I'm sorry, I don't speak that language

Wallyworld space shuttle door gunner: (In spanish)  Sir, I need to check your receipt

Me:  I don't speak that fucking language either.

I'd like to learn "Fnck You" in some obscure East European dialict and just say that over and over and over to the door goon-er and look like a confused foriegner until he just blew a few gaskets and the "bladed at a 45 degree angle" (or some such sh!t!).

I think often I'm the only person in the whole store in West Houston who speakee English!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 7/20/2008 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#27]

What the heck I'll take a look at her monkey and see if I can help her out with her anxiety. I majored in amature gynecology in College.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:43:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Lucricia Richardson frum ease TX be hav'in a "see-in eye munkey". It be as smart as mose peoples.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:18:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Saturday, July 19, 2008
Associated Press

Much better than walking around saying, "Hey wanna play with macaque"

If I venture into Walmart in Bryan, its between 6am and 7am, they won't sell you firearms, but never been hastled about getting ammo.  (its normally the time somebody is "stocking shelves" in that department)
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:30:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Don't feel bad. When I asked about the warranty on my new battery the clerk said it was 12 months or a year. Whichever occurred first.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Found a batch of these on the shelf

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:37:33 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm not sure what they think the receipt checkers are going to do. Wal-mart got rid of the off duty police working most of their locations. Too many employees were getting caught stealing.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:03:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I hate it when a store employee claims there is some law that prevents them from doing something (or requires them to do something), when in fact its just a store/company/insurance policy decision.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Well I heard the new ammo law required at a minimum 1,000 rounds per weapon must be available for each weapon you own.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top