BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
An interesting side note: Bothell PD carries 1911s with extended 10rd mags.
View Quote

What kind?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:04:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Just to help keep spirits up, here's a screen shot from tonights FB

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info - just registered as a con and sent it to all my employees that are pro gun.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
done done and done
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

What kind?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
An interesting side note: Bothell PD carries 1911s with extended 10rd mags.

What kind?

I’ve seen different ones in their holsters. Last cop I talked to, I neglected to ask what brand her carried. Did say he really likes the trigger compared to the old DA/SAs they carried. Think they used to have 92’s.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just to help keep spirits up, here's a screen shot from tonights FB

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/525/20210125_010517_jpg-1795887.JPG
View Quote

I hate these,

It make it so easy to become complacent..
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote

Stand by...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any updates?
View Quote

The Senate Law & Justice Committee will be going into Executive Session on 28 January @ 1030 hours.  That is when the committee will vote whether or not to pass the bill on to the Rules Committee.  ETA:  TVW Link to Executive Session 28 Jan @ 1030 hrs

IF it does pass out of the Law & Justice Committee it is important to remember that IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!  There are still a number of key steps where the bill can still be fought!  We can talk about that later if need be (hopefully more and more WAHTF members are becoming familiar with the bicameral legislative process).

Anyway, here are the numbers of folks who signed in for SB 5078.  A big "thank you" to Aaron Lyons for collecting the data and putting into graphical format.  

Here ya go:

Attachment Attached File

I don't want anybody to get complacent, but think about this:  In previous legislative sessions, with no COVID restrictions, the anti's have five or six charter buses of people from all over (King Co., mainly) to pack the hearing rooms.  Well, it seems that if there is no free ride and catered lunch involved, the anti's have a bit of trouble getting their numbers pumped up.  Why?  I can't say for sure however I speculate that it is because most of these anti-gunners are nowhere near as passionate about their cause as we are about preserving our rights!  WE ARE MAKING AN IMPACT and we are doing it with nearly 100 percent volunteer effort!!!

Hopefully that will help keep your fires lit!

And THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU for getting engaged and TAKING ACTION!!!  And remember:  NO ACTION IS TOO SMALL!!!  

We are FAR from being defeated!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:44:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow, that’s amazing.  Far better than I expected.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]
need to up the numbers for the open carry ban hearing tomorrow though. I should submit written for that one but haven't yet. already wrote in and opposed the bill itself, and signed in con on the hearing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Senate Law & Justice Committee will be going into Executive Session on 28 January @ 1030 hours.  That is when the committee will vote whether or not to pass the bill on to the Rules Committee.  ETA:  TVW Link to Executive Session 28 Jan @ 1030 hrs

IF it does pass out of the Law & Justice Committee it is important to remember that IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD!!!  There are still a number of key steps where the bill can still be fought!  We can talk about that later if need be (hopefully more and more WAHTF members are becoming familiar with the bicameral legislative process).

Anyway, here are the numbers of folks who signed in for SB 5078.  A big "thank you" to Aaron Lyons for collecting the data and putting into graphical format.  

Here ya go:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/90628/SB_5078_testifying_numbers_post_hearing_-1796848.JPG

I don't want anybody to get complacent, but think about this:  In previous legislative sessions, with no COVID restrictions, the anti's have five or six charter buses of people from all over (King Co., mainly) to pack the hearing rooms.  Well, it seems that if there is no free ride and catered lunch involved, the anti's have a bit of trouble getting their numbers pumped up.  Why?  I can't say for sure however I speculate that it is because most of these anti-gunners are nowhere near as passionate about their cause as we are about preserving our rights!  WE ARE MAKING AN IMPACT and we are doing it with nearly 100 percent volunteer effort!!!

Hopefully that will help keep your fires lit!

And THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU for getting engaged and TAKING ACTION!!!  And remember:  NO ACTION IS TOO SMALL!!!  

We are FAR from being defeated!!
View Quote

They literally pay those people in food and transportation for the day. Entertainment too if you count staring at the butts on some of their young female organizers
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:17:10 AM EDT
[#13]
The gun grabbers added a ton of people to the list at the last moment Sunday night. I didn't get selected to speak but I listened to the whole thing.

Overall their side was well organized, spoke well, appealed to emotion and made lots of spurious claims. All thoughts of appealing to the 2A or the 9th circuit cases were dismissed out of hand.

We did OK although the young guy with the AR's sitting on his bed behind him was a low point.

I don't think they will change their minds based on today but at least I tried.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The gun grabbers added a ton of people to the list at the last moment Sunday night. I didn't get selected to speak but I listened to the whole thing.

Overall their side was well organized, spoke well, appealed to emotion and made lots of spurious claims. All thoughts of appealing to the 2A or the 9th circuit cases were dismissed out of hand.

We did OK although the young guy with the AR's sitting on his bed behind him was a low point.

I don't think they will change their minds based on today but at least I tried.
View Quote

Boatswain, many thanks for the valiant effort. The addition to the ‘pro’ list at the 11th hour smacks of the sudden avalanche of Biden votes the next morning after the election. I’m sure we weren’t the only ones monitoring the data and who knows what all shenanigans they pulled when they didn’t like the fact they were outnumbered.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Boatswain, many thanks for the valiant effort. The addition to the ‘pro’ list at the 11th hour smacks of the sudden avalanche of Biden votes the next morning after the election. I’m sure we weren’t the only ones monitoring the data and who knows what all shenanigans they pulled when they didn’t like the fact they were outnumbered.
View Quote

Thanks. Unfortunately they have paid PR agencies and organizers. You could tell. We have mainly the grass roots. The NRA, SAF and GOA were all MIA.

I have zero doubt they have friendlies on the inside helping to coordinate their efforts. I wonder who actually wrote the bill? Ferguson or a Bloomberg lackey?

Big props to Dan Mitchell from Sporting Systems, the NSSF and the WA Civil Rights Association for showing up. And that last gun guy who spoke was awesome.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:28:08 PM EDT
[#16]
A big thanks for organizing and the step through instructions on opposing these bills. I wasn't able to listen but did oppose them.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 5:52:30 PM EDT
[#17]
From the data it looks like the CONS had them outnummber 5.5:1 - why glum?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats why I was at Boatswains comment.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:05:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, that was before the D0m1n10n (don't want to get sued for $1.3B) tally machine was set into motion.  What you can't see is the "written testimony" submissions.  So while it is 5 to 1 on the "visible" reporting, they'll say the "written testimony" was 10 to 1 PRO, and it tens of thousands in that bucket, so the Pro's won 3 to 1......

And frankly, the committee doesn't give a fuck if its 100 to 1 for the Cons, they "know better" and will pass the shit out of committee anyway.  So don't freak out when that happens after the exec session....
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:16:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Some more positive news. We're not out of the woods, but this was nice to read

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thats why I was at Boatswains comment.
View Quote

I would love to believe that it makes a difference but there are so many new anti-gun politicians committed to their cause, I am extremely worried this one will pass.

I hope like hell I am wrong.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks for the links. I sent in emails and received a response from both!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thanks for the links. I sent in emails and received a response from both!!
View Quote

I never received responses from my reps. Then again, this is Seattle.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Any update on this?
Thank you all for your effort.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Any update on this?
Thank you all for your effort.
View Quote

It is with cautious optimism that I am about to write:

Right now, SSB 5078 (Substitute Senate Bill 5078) is in the Rules Committee.  The Rules Committee may or may not assign SSB 5078 a date on the Senate floor calendar for a vote.

If there appears to be much resistance - originating at the electorate level (that's us) and felt by the Senate at large, the bill could stall out in Rules and not get a date on the floor calendar.

Also:  right now SSB 5078 is out of parity with its companion bill in the House (HB 1164).  SSB 5078 says 17 rounds, HB 1164 is still at 10 rounds.

Quick refresher:  in order to move forward and cross chambers, both bills will need to be in parity.  So, as long as the two remain as they are, they are limited in how far they can advance.

HOWEVER:  HB 1164 has not had a public hearing (and I am not seeing one scheduled at the time I write this) nor has it gone to the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee Executive session (nor do I see where it is scheduled).  What that means is that there is some potential for HB 1164 to get amended to bring into parity with SSB 5078.  Again:  if the members of the House of Representatives feel that advancing HB 1164 is unpopular with the electorate (that's us) and puts them at risk of losing their job, then there will be much reluctance (or even resistance) to advancing it.

THEREFORE:  DO NOT BACK OFF THE THROTTLE JUST YET!!!!

In fact, I just happen to have acquired the email addresses of the members of the Senate Rules Committee, should anybody want to politely but firmly express their opposition to SSB 5078.  This information comes to you courtesy of the hard working volunteers at the Washington Civil Rights Association (wacivilrights.org)

[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected]

And for those who wish to contact the members of the House Civil Rights & Judiciary Committee to politely yet firmly express their opposition to HB 1164, those members are:

[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];
[email protected];

You can also go to the bill information page at leg.wa.gov and click the green "comment on this bill" button in the upper right quadrant of the page, fill in your address and the site will automatically bring up your reps and you can click your opposition to the bill and leave any polite but firm comments.

SSB 5078 Bill Information Page

HB 1164 Bill Information Page

Hope this helps!

Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:49:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Another email sent to the Rules people.

LISTEN UP!

Many members of the rules committee are sponsors of the bill.   Hit them up please.  Time to show some resistance.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top