Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2005 7:24:25 AM EDT
Hello fellow nevadans, I am planning to move to NYC in a few months and was planning to sell some of my rofles to a few buddies of mine. My question is what is the proper procedure to take when selling rifles. I was told to create a bill of sale and photo copy the person's license with their signature and the rifles serial number. Any particular format to the "bill of sale"? Shuold I report this sale to the police? Any help would be appreciated thanks. Ron
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:02:43 AM EDT
GET THE MONEY UP FRONT!

Other than that, long guns are like selling anything elese. A bill of sale is a good idea but not a must.
"G"
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 1:05:56 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:38:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By AKuzer:
... planning to sell some of my rofles to a few buddies of mine.

Hey AK,

I don't know what your problem is, but I do my best to give ROFLs to my friends for free. I never even considered trying to get money for them. If I had, then perhaps I could afford more rifles

Sorry man. I couldn't help myself
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:50:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2005 6:51:12 AM EDT by AKuzer]
Thanks for the advice guys. BTW I normally give rofles for free, but I really must sell my rifles
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:08:50 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
I personally just take the cash and hand over the rifle. That is legal.

while it is legal it is a safer bet to get at least a bill of sale of who you sold it too and when you sold it just in case the rifle is used in a crime.

least then the original owner has a alibi.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:07:01 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:41:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By willyj:

I personally just take the cash and hand over the rifle. That is legal.

while it is legal it is a safer bet to get at least a bill of sale of who you sold it too and when you sold it just in case the rifle is used in a crime.

least then the original owner has a alibi.

There is no long gun registration in NV, if asked where the rifle is in event of a crime all you have to say is you sold it private party....no ties at all. No bill of sale is actally safer than getting one in this instance.

+1

It's no one else's business.
Top Top