Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 3/20/2006 12:07:20 PM EDT
Can a person purchase a handgun or rifle in the State of Nevada with a Seasonal Resident I.D. issued by the State of Nevada? Someone told me if you have a house in Vegas you can get an I.D. and purchase firearms and there's no waiting period.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:32:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By minizoom:
Can a person purchase a handgun or rifle in the State of Nevada with a Seasonal Resident I.D. issued by the State of Nevada? Someone told me if you have a house in Vegas you can get an I.D. and purchase firearms and there's no waiting period.

Thanks!

Just owning propertyi s not good enough. You have to actually live there for a significant part of the year.

Here isa FAQ from the BATF web site.

(B13) May a person who resides in one state and owns property in another state purchase a handgun in either state?

If a person maintains a home in 2 states and resides in both states for certain periods of the year, he or she may, during the period of time the person actually resides in a particular state, purchase a handgun in that state. But simply owning property in another state does not qualify the person to purchase a handgun in that state.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 11:53:44 AM EDT
Yeah, but what does the CA DOJ have to say. If you purchase a non-listed handgun during your residencey time there can you bring it back and forth?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:25:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Wulfenite:
Yeah, but what does the CA DOJ have to say. If you purchase a non-listed handgun during your residencey time there can you bring it back and forth?

They say register it with us and pay the $19.00.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 2:50:12 PM EDT
'Time to start saving for a "seasonal residence" sounds like. I wonder if some sort of time-share thing would work.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 4:16:31 PM EDT
How about buying and selling rifles in NV if you are a CA resident?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:36:32 PM EDT
I know somebody who actually did this. He used a friends address in Nevada and got a seasonal residence ID, did it all in one day. He used that ID to buy guns in Nevada just as a Nevada resident does, however, some things have changed recently. The new seasonal resident IDs dont have a photo on them, and a photo ID is required for gun purchase. Also, alot of dealers around Las Vegas have gotten word of CA residents using Nevada seasonal IDs and have stopped accepting them.
Top Top