Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2004 3:20:13 PM EDT
If you are serious about doing something to get Keyes and other local central IL officials into office, here is your chance.  I am starting a conservative newspaper on campus (ISU), and I need donations in order to get to press next week.  This is only to get the paper out before the election- after the election we will be able to stand on our own.  There are many, many college students who do NOT know who to vote for at the state level and below, this is where the greatest impact will be.  My estimate of potential votes being gained by this paper- somewhere around 300.  

We are a real paper and a RSO (registered student orginization), I have a staff of about 20 people not including writers.  We have a nearly complete product, ready for the press on Monday.  

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask me.  I am the president and managing editor - your contribution will go into our student account, and you will get a receipt from the school should you be able to donate.  I can also run an ad for you if you like, it might be nice if you run a business.  We need $350 to get it done.  

Thanks,

Justin Smith

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Want to start a conservative newspaper? Sell advertising. Don't beg for money, that's not what conservative newspapers do. Good idea, good work, poor execution. Try again.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 5:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for flaming me.  I don't get it enough from the F*ck Bush crowd, you know.  

Again, the idea here is to get out the vote, and to do that I need donations.  

Have you ever tried to start a business?  Do you know what it takes?  It takes investors- people willing to "donate" money to you that you "beg for".  It is a high risk for them, but it can pay off.  That is why I called it "donating", because you should not expect to get anything tangible out of this.  

If I had known I would get such a rude response, I would not have asked.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for flaming me.  I don't get it enough from the F*ck Bush crowd, you know.  

Again, the idea here is to get out the vote, and to do that I need donations.  

Have you ever tried to start a business?  Do you know what it takes?  It takes investors- people willing to "donate" money to you that you "beg for".  It is a high risk for them, but it can pay off.  That is why I called it "donating", because you should not expect to get anything tangible out of this.  

If I had known I would get such a rude response, I would not have asked.  

Have I ever tried to start a business? Ask around. Take what I said for what it's worth. You are going to have to toughen up for the business world kid. I meant no offense, I'm kinda mouthy like Limbaugh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top