Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2003 9:51:11 AM EDT
I need to sight in a scope for a friends ar.
Prefer 50 or 100 yd range.

I Will be in austin mon for some meetings.

Anyone have any recommendations?

thanks

TXL
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Texas Tactical holds shoots a range just west of Austin.  Not sure of the exact local.

I'll get back with a link.

Here it is:

mywebpage.netscape.com/texastactical/hcrrmap.html

I've heard they have the 50/100 yd range- I've never been there.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Couple of choices here:

The range that Texas Tactical uses is out on Hamilton Pool Road, and run by Crazy Richard.  I'd skip it for sighting in the AR.

There's also "Austin Skeet Range" just BARELY east of Manor (closer than Austin Rifle Club), but I've never shot on their rifle range either (only skeet).  I hear of some safety issues with this range, so caveat emptor.

Other options, if you don't mind indoor ranges, are Red's North, and Red's South.  They are both 100 yard ranges, but you have to deal with the hassle of shooting indoors.

If you can find someone in the Austin Area that's a member of Austin Rifle Club, you can go and shoot on their range (just east of Manor), which is very nice.  I'm a member, but unavailable on Monday

Here's a good link with some info on Austin area, and surrounding area ranges.  Hope this helps!

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:20:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Gloftoe,

Crazy Richard??  What gives with him?

I quit going to Mike's 3 gun matches due to time constraints, so haven't been to this range.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Crazy Richard will tell you the evils of the terrible Zionist plot to corrupt mankind.  Don't ever agree to have a "chat" with him about anything.  He'll end up giving you literature, telling you why the Pope, the World Wide Web, and just about everything else under the sun is the work of the Devil, and just be plain weird.  If you'd like, I'll quote some of the drivel he handed me

The shitty part is, his is pretty much the only NFA friendly range around here.  It's also the only range that I found has steel you can shoot (on the short range, AND the long range).  He's been out there for years (since the 70's if I remember right) and the range has some GREAT potential.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:30:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks.  I believe you about the "drivel."

Hmmm...maybe I'll take a drive there- just for entertainment purposes, ya know?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Couple of choices here:

The range that Texas Tactical uses is out on Hamilton Pool Road, and run by Crazy Richard.  I'd skip it for sighting in the AR.

There's also "Austin Skeet Range" just BARELY east of Manor (closer than Austin Rifle Club), but I've never shot on their rifle range either (only skeet).  I hear of some safety issues with this range, so caveat emptor.

Other options, if you don't mind indoor ranges, are Red's North, and Red's South.  They are both 100 yard ranges, but you have to deal with the hassle of shooting indoors.

If you can find someone in the Austin Area that's a member of Austin Rifle Club, you can go and shoot on their range (just east of Manor), which is very nice.  I'm a member, but unavailable on Monday

Here's a good link with some info on Austin area, and surrounding area ranges.  Hope this helps!

-Gloftoe

Thanks.  Will go hit reds when I get the time.

Please pass on my hello to the Mrs.

TXLEWIS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top