Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2003 5:55:01 AM EDT
When I moved here in November, the DUMBASS movers did not bring the proper equiptment to move my Safe in the house and down a flight of stairs.  

So, it has been in my garage for the last 6 months.  I need to find a company or someone that can move this big ass thing down into my basement. It's just my wife and I,  so there is NO way we can move a 650lb safe.  

Any Ideas on who to call in the Burlington VT area?  

Any info would be great-Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Try looking up this gentleman:
Cannon Gun Safe Dealer John Laberge "The Safe Man," of Vergennes, VT

I'm not sure if he can help or not...I know he moves in new safes you purchase from them so for a fee maybe he can move yours? Worth a try.....

Ps..I don't have any heavy duty lifts or I would be more than happy to help you out
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:07:11 AM EDT
[#2]
I need more info as to what you have for access???
Is there an outdoor bulk-head or do you need to move it into the house and then down the stairs???
If you do have an out door bulk-head than you could probabliy do it yourself with a come-along some plywood a few blankets and a dolly!!!
If you give me a little more info perhaps I could devise a rigging plan for you!!!
Good luck
Big
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#3]
No back door into the basement.  Needs to be moved into the house and down a flight of stairs. (up 2 stairs from Garage, thru a door and then down a flight of stairs) It could be done W/ a Dolly but with just me and the wife we can't do it!

I don't mind paying a fee - $$/beer/ammo, whatever to move it, I just need the right people.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:20:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I would call a moving Co. they will send a couple of gorillas and equip. When I had mine moved in [at 1500lbs.] they used a motorized dolly with remote control. Call a mover its their back PG     ps I remember calling Mayflower and it was about 45 bucks an hour not to bad if ya think about it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:17:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I would help you but I have 2 broken ribs!!!
In the Burlington area there are plenty of moving companys or what about the guys at work or the local gym, range  gunshop ect
Good luck
BIG
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Give Bill Wetherbee a call in the Winooski area. He sells safes and has the stair climbers to do it. Tell him an old boy who knows him up in the Enosburg/Montgomery area knows him. Tell him to be nice, I know his dad as well!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:48:23 AM EDT
[#7]
ARGON-
I called Bill W., Very nice guy!  He said he sold his business and no longer does it but game me, as GMP recomended, John Laberge's cell number.  So I will call him and see if he can assist.  If not, I'll call a moving Co. but I'd rather give my $$ to a local guy, not some HUGE company.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
ARGON-
I called Bill W., Very nice guy!  He said he sold his business and no longer does it but game me, as GMP recomended, John Laberge's cell number.  So I will call him and see if he can assist.  If not, I'll call a moving Co. but I'd rather give my $$ to a local guy, not some HUGE company.

Bill use to do BBQ at the Essex fair (Champlain Valley fair). Know his two brothers and sisters, all nice folk.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:58:18 AM EDT
[#9]
im sure with enough beer,  we can all help!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top