Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2006 5:20:40 AM EDT
Folks,

I need some scrap 2x4's, minimum 6' in length.  They'll be used to build some targets, so I don't care what shape they are in, if they are warped, etc.  Just need em dirt cheap.  

Anyone have any laying around in the Phoenix area you'd just like to get rid of because they are warped or too short?
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I can't speak for your area, but out here they're snapped up VERY quickly.  Best advice is to haunt the Home Depot cull rack.  (.51 cents each!)  Your other option is to wander by some construction sites and ASK THE FOREMAN if they have any junk 2x4 pieces.  One foreman actually let me back my truck into the site to grab wood if I was willing to take ALL the junk 2x4's.

The small stuff made a good fire.  :)

Mike
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can't speak for your area, but out here they're snapped up VERY quickly.  Best advice is to haunt the Home Depot cull rack.  (.51 cents each!)  Your other option is to wander by some construction sites and ASK THE FOREMAN if they have any junk 2x4 pieces.  One foreman actually let me back my truck into the site to grab wood if I was willing to take ALL the junk 2x4's.

The small stuff made a good fire.  :)

Mike

Thanks Mike!  I was going to visit the construction sites, but I'd rather put a little money into a member's pocket for something they need gone anyway than go begging for scraps.

You going to make it out next Wed?  I am building 4 pop up targets for training.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top