Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/5/2003 10:30:32 PM EDT
Planning to relocate to CO in the very near future. My wife's from Englewood (her family is still there). I need some recommendations on location/rent. We are looking to rent for a few years while we get settled. We will be looking to rent 2-3bd that allows our German Shepard. As for location, West, East, and South of Englewood is preferable. I think that is Aurora, Littleton, Highlands Ranch, ect. We both like the country also and don't mind a 30min commute. Don't know if there's much around Castle Rock? Also, I'm not sure what the average rent is going for. 2-3 bed, 1 bath & dog. Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 3:48:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2003 3:53:36 PM EDT by jim]
with all the traffic in the metro area a 30 min drive is likely to get you no more than 1 mile from your house at rush hour. average rent in the metro area is $1000. mth with a german shepard good luck....they are up there with rotties, doberman's, pit's classified as "viscious" dogs. so you could run into a problem trying to find a rental that will allow your pup. and a good majority of rentals are very specific on the "NO PETS" clause. i would go to www.rockymountainnews.com and search through the classifieds. the good news is that with the soft market, rental property is hurting.
as for the englewood/littleton area. i used to live there for about 7yrs. the area around belleview & broadway has changed a bit. just west of broadway and some other ares close by has become low income/ section 8 housing with a few gang bangers/ wannabe's in the neighborhood. and since the downtown denver has become "revitalized/yuppiefied" all the homeless has been relocated south of denver.
good luck
why would you want to move from alaska to a congested, lack of employeement, high cost of living state?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:27:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By jim:
why would you want to move from alaska to a congested, lack of employeement, high cost of living state?

That's exactly what I asked my wife
Top Top