Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:12:28 PM EDT
Hello free people of Nevada, from the People's Republic of California.

I am bringing Tactical Response (http://tacticalresponse.com) to Carson City for a 4 day Fighting Rifle and Fighting Pistol course in April 2006.  We are getting a booth at the Crossroads Reno show in February to promote the course (and the company in general).  

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about where I could send flyers, etc, to get the word out to people in the Reno / Carson City area who might be interested in attending?  Any help is appriciated.

John Chapman - Instructor
Tactical Response Incorporated
http://tacticalresponse.com
731-676-2041
831-236-4690 Cell
[email protected]
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome,

Although I am in Southern Nevada (Las Vegas/Clark County) I am sure that our Northern folk (gunmonkey/oldtroop) will be more than happy to help you out.

Although you are not here yet, you will definately sense a difference when you set foot on "Free" soil.

It is a good feeling my friend to be soverign (compared to Kommiefornia).

Hope this helps......
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:33:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Bro.  I love going to NV.....it just feels different.  Now, if I can just get the wife to move....

I was getting a course going in LV, but the host backed out...too much work (2 hours, tops, for 4 days of free training).  If you or anyone you know is interested, we are trying hard to come to Vegas.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:02:26 AM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend contacting as many of the CCW instructors in the area as you can. Contacts  are often maintained with previous students and I would imagine this group would significantly represent at least part of the demographic interested in such a course.

Hope this helps!

~GryphonX
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:18:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Hit the local gunstores, too. Most have bulliten boards you can put up flyers and such. i'd love to help out, but I am lucky to get a single day of free time, let alone 4 days.
If you'd like to send me a small pile of fliers, I can have a few of our guys,Meansteve, Gunsap, and myself , pass them out at local shops (from Gardnerville to Carson) and I can get one on the Douglas County Sheriff's bulletin board as well, I bet. Perhaps the Washoe Tribal police and NHP in douglas.
If you are interested, I receive mail at :
Ron Sims
PO Box 2721
Gardnerville, NV

I may be able to swing a class, too, if everything works out right. My Birthday is in May and maybe i can get it early this year.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 9:07:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Just curious about the dates. I see on your website CC,NV is lised as scheduled for "Fighting Rifle" April3-4. Would "Fightin' pistol" be the next, previous, or some other 2-day block?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:07:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just curious about the dates. I see on your website CC,NV is lised as scheduled for "Fighting Rifle" April3-4. Would "Fightin' pistol" be the next, previous, or some other 2-day block?

That's bizarre!

When I looked at the website yesterday, they had "Fighting Pistol" on there as well, and it was scheduled for April 1st and 2nd.

Very strange that its gone now ???

ETA:

Doh! It is there, just separated by the Camden, TN event (which made it disappear to my eyes for some reason?). Check it out:

April 1 - 2  Fighting Pistol  Carson City, NV          
April 3 - 7  Contractor - Shooting Package  Camden, TN          
April 3 - 4  Fighting Rifle  Carson City, NV          

tacticalresponse.com/training/schedule.php
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hit the local gunstores, too. Most have bulliten boards you can put up flyers and such. i'd love to help out, but I am lucky to get a single day of free time, let alone 4 days.
If you'd like to send me a small pile of fliers, I can have a few of our guys,Meansteve, Gunsap, and myself , pass them out at local shops (from Gardnerville to Carson) and I can get one on the Douglas County Sheriff's bulletin board as well, I bet. Perhaps the Washoe Tribal police and NHP in douglas.
If you are interested, I receive mail at :
Ron Sims
PO Box 2721
Gardnerville, NV

I may be able to swing a class, too, if everything works out right. My Birthday is in May and maybe i can get it early this year.

Ron,  I will take you up on your generous offer.  Thanks!

Sometimes consecutive dates get seperated if a new course is schedule on the same start date as another.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Okay, duh, I see it. April fools!.
Mountaincop, fire 'em off to me. I got someone who'll put it up at the Sheriff's office and one on the sporting goods counter at Wal-Mart! We'll see how long it lasts (just a matter of upper management).
We'll hit all of the local gunstores and I'll hang on in the Bar, too.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:00:29 PM EDT
[#9]
GREAT!  They'll be in the mail this weekend.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:01:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Mountaincop:
What range are you using? Is a local LE agency hosting? I can help getting out the word also. I will shoot you an email on my gov addy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top