Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2006 11:00:02 AM EDT
I picked up some 30rd mags at last show in Cobb...they came with the green followers...i bought some of the orange non tilt magnapull followers from B&B in Roswell....took mag apart and I cant get the followers to work....they dont seem to fit right...jam up....am I doing something wrong? Did I need to change springs also??

Thx
Michael
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:55:41 PM EDT
[#1]
bring them to the Atlanta Farmers Market show this Saturday and we will figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:44:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I gota go to TN this weekend to finish up my wedding plans.....Ill hold on to them...maybe I can meet up with u at next Marietta show..thx John

Michael
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:59:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you take some pics?  If so we might be able to handle this on the board.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 4:06:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Um, did you buy Magpul followers?  Or did you buy some of the orange anti-tilt followers that are identical to the green anti-tilt followers?  hr

No sir they have Magpul stamped on them...I cant figure out how to post pics on here so here is link to the pics I took of follower and the mag..mag has no markings on it i can find
Michael
http://www.modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?p=414825#post414825
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You take out the old follower.  Pop off the spring.  Put the spring on the Magpul follower.  Magpul follower should go in the mag with little, if any, resistance.

So, you get that far, right?  But the problem is the top of the mag near the feedlips is a little to tight and the follower starts to get stuck there.  I'm guessing (based on experience), but does that sum up the problem?

Yes sir preatty much...about 1/4 way from the top of mag it will wana hang up..if u push it down it stays down, but it u bump it just barley with like a screwdriver it pops back up....I was thinking of sanding the flat spots on the sides a lil to see if it was just a lil extra plastic on there....

What do  u think sir
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:42:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think you are correct.  have
What kind of magazines are you using?  Did you try the mags before swapping followers?  

The mags that gave me problems were my most beat-to-hell USGI mags.  I'm sure they were stepped on at least a few times before I got them.  hug.gif

They are just USGI issue...i havent ran them threw yet...the mag I got with my rifle had a magpul anti tilt...just thought id go ahead and swap them out...lol i might just leave well enough alone
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top