Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 7:17:15 AM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm new to this board, so please bear with me if this is old material.

Does anyone know of someone who has property where a respectible fellow can shoot north of Dallas ?  At one time, I knew property owner that you could pay a yearly fee and as long as you abided by his rules you could go and shoot all you want. Everthing worked great in this arrangment. I got a great place to shoot, and the farmer made a little extra income. I really wish that I could set up something like this again.

I go to Collin County Range from time to time, but putting holes in a fixed paper target with ten other guys shooting at the same time gets old sometimes to me.

ANY help at all is appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Ed

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:25:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
To follow up, I'm in North Plano actually.  TDSA looks like a good place, but that would be over a two hour round trip with all of the road construction going on these days.

I'm thinking there ought to be lots of prime plinking realestate between Dallas and Sherman somewhere. I don't mind driving a ways through the country, but fighting my way clean across Dallas everytime I want to go plinking just isn't worth it.

I can see why finding a place on private property to shoot is becoming more and more difficult these days. For every 50 or so responsible, safety conscious shooters, there's going to be some Rambo wannabe that screws it up for everyone else.

I'm just hoping that there's somebody out there with some land that still appreciates shooting sports and would like to give a guy a chance.

I've got the money put away for an ACOG, and figure that I need some place to put my AR to use, or else I can't justify the purchase :-(

Thanks for all of your suggestions, and let's hope that CCGR wins out in the end.

Ed

Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 3:27:15 PM EDT
[#6]
LordTrader...yeah I know...I live in an urban area now. Sometimes I miss my hometown in rural Kentucky (is that redundant?). We used to just drive out into the country to one of those impromptu dumps. You know the place...everything from refridgerators and old farm equipment dumped in one area. Of course there was always a giant No Dumping sign in the middle of it all.

Sounds like CCGR and TDSA are the only official places to go around here. TDSA is just so far away. I found CCGR and thought hey, this is fantastic. I was all set to join, sign up for courses, etc....then I saw their business hours. Twelve to six on Saturdays is the only time I could manage, and although I haven't been there during those times, I bet it's crowded as heck.

CockedandLocked, I'm VERY interested if you or your friend have some land that you'd like to lease on a yearly or daily basis.

Like I said, at one time I had a guy that had some property and would check you out, tell you what he expected of you (don't shoot his cows, clean up your mess, etc.) and then he'd give you a key to his gate. I'd give anything to get back into an arrangment like that again!

I'll keep looking. In the mean time, it sounds like I ought to just keep making weekly donations to CCGR and hope they stay in business.

By the way, does anyone know if there's anything we can do to help them outside of robbing a bank and giving them some cash ? I've heard at least one local talk show host discuss trying to set up a rally or something
to help them with their legal efforts.

Thanks again for all of the help.

Ed
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Why not get some of the DFW crew together, do a group buy on some land in the sticks and set up our own range?  Is it cost prohibitive?  I dont know, if ya add up the amount of money we pay in range fees we could probably finance some acreage!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top