Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2008 3:29:15 PM EDT
So I am going to be working in Lansing next week and looking for places I should check out in and around Lansing.  

Gunshops, pawnshops, whatever.

Was in E. Lansing for 5 years in college, but that was over 10 years ago and I didn't get into guns till I got out of college.  All I remember is Deja Vu & Omars!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:08:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Total Firearms in Mason has an indoor range and a pretty good selection. Prices are kind of crazy on big stuff.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Downtown has some pretty good restaurants.

The Michigan Library and museum there are pretty cool. The library has an extensive genealogy collection but that's probably only interesting to me.

You can always swing by the House and Senate office buildings and say howdy to your local Rep or Senator. If you do it before lunch, you probably won't want to eat.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:32:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Barb, you are a Team Member now, congrats!! Welcome to the Team

Gotta buy the Goat a beer though!

Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I have no idea what that means, and frankly, it sounds scary.

Yeah, actually someone bought me the membership a while back. That was pretty nice. I just never put up an avatar and as it turns out, this one is way too dark to be useful.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Dicker & Deal / Moose Creek archery and guns = Pawn shop over on S. Cedar.  If you know your way around various firearms, and have cash on hand, you can negotiate good deals of you find something you like... like an HK USP Tactical .45acp for $600 OTD

Lots of good eats in downtown Lansing as well as E.Lansing... Omi = good sushi (if you are into that!)  

You could check out and chitchat w/ some local LEO folks over @ Michigan Police Supply over on Old Lansing Rd.  

P/X foxhole over on MLK for your Military surplus needs = fun store to wander through... (just picked up some paracord!)  Oh, they have TONS of empty ammo cans for sale... from the smallest to big old wooden crates!!!

ENjoy your stay in Lansing...

P.S. you could always stop over and say hi to Jenny G!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
If pizza is your thing, try Deluca’s at 2006 W. Willow, 1.2 miles east of Waverly Rd.  I always get either the House or Meat Special; probably the best pizza I have ever had.  Of course they have lots of other food and I hear it is all great.

Directions to Deluca’s
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top