Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 11:56:37 AM EST

ROLF BOONE; The Olympian
Published: 06/16/09 6:49 am | Updated: 06/16/09 7:20 am

Need a new job in the South Sound?

Affiliated Computer Services Inc. is hiring 200 people for its call centers in Tumwater and Auburn, the company announced Monday. A Red Robin and O’Reilly’s Auto Parts are also hiring.

The 200 jobs at ACS are part of 560 new jobs that Dallas-based ACS is adding across the country, including in Indiana and Utah, spokesman Chris Gilligan said.

Once the spots are filled, ACS will employ about 750 people in Tumwater and 575 in Auburn, he said.

In Tumwater and Auburn, the company is hiring customer care agents and managers for its in-bound call centers, which handle customer service calls for companies in health care, finance, wireless services, retail, travel and the airlines, he said.

Company names were not disclosed, but based on the recent growth of one ACS client, the company needed to boost staffing levels in the South Sound, Gilligan said. He described the client experiencing growth as a “national company that is a household name.”

The call centers in Tumwater and Auburn will hire 100 people each, he said. Customer care agents make “above minimum wage with benefits” and managers are paid based on experience, Gilligan said.

In addition to ACS, O’Reilly’s Auto Parts is planning to hire up to 400 people for a new distribution center in Puyallup, and the hamburger restaurant chain Red Robin is seeking 100 people for a new location in Lakewood. It opens in early July, said Michelle Castle, a bookkeeper who is helping to set up interviews.

Since announcing the job openings two weeks ago, the Lakewood Red Robin has interviewed about 80 people a day, she said. Castle estimated the business had received 600 applications.

Retail and food service are two industry sectors statewide that are trying to fill the most job openings, according to a spring survey released by the state Employment Security Department.

Rolf Boone: 360-754-5403

rboone@theolympian.com

Jobs at Affiliated Computer Services

• To apply for a job at ACS, go to www.acs-inc.com.

• To apply in person, the Tumwater site is at 148 Tumwater Blvd.

• The Auburn site is at 3320 Auburn Way N.

• Applicants must be at least 18 years old, and customer care agents receive 12 weeks of paid training.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:07:04 PM EST
maybe the unemployed guys could post up what kind of work they do....some of us are in positions to hire at our companies or might hear of something through word of mouth in their line of work...personally, i hear other management types irritated cause it's so hard to find decent people to fill positions these days...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:20:58 PM EST
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:24:43 PM EST
thanks Phil, i haven't seen that thread so i wouldn't have known to look for it....maybe we could have it tacked for a bit to see if it generates any interest? i can think of three possible positions that might open in my place soon for example...
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:53:40 PM EST
Originally Posted By GrabMyWrist:

• To apply for a job at ACS, go to www.acs-inc.com.

Interesting... when I went to https://acs71.recruitmax.com/MAIN/careerportal/ , which is their sign up site. I noticed the secured lock had the red exclamation point through it. After a little investigating it turns out that the certificate was issued to them by Equifax.
Just saying...
Top Top