Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2005 6:52:32 AM EDT
Going to try to go there tomorrow for the first time.  Being a noobie (there at least), I need a little insight.

What should I bring besides my ARs, optics, ammo, targets and spotting scope?
How does the range work (how do you get the targets set)?
Can I bring my shotgun as well?
Are the lanes covered or should I bring sun protection (boonie hat)?

All other insight would be appreciated.

BTW - Any ARFCOM members going tomorrow?

M590man
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]

What should I bring besides my ARs, optics, ammo, targets and spotting scope
Sunscreen and water at the min. for your "creature comforts"

If you are not blasting in the Pit, and you go to the regular rifle range, to hang targets, a CEASE FIRE on the line is called, and you walk out to the target stands and staple your targets.  Usually someone will let you bum their stapler.

HELL YEAH.  Go to Wal-mart and buy yourself some clays and #7 1/2 shot and for 30 bucks, can have a great time.  They have clay throwers, I have only done it twice, but it is fun.  You can also blast away in the Pit with the shotty.

The range is covered, the Pit is not, but I would bring a hat no doubt.  Better to have and not need, than need and not have  Hope this help and have a blast! (groan)
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:29:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Going to try to go there tomorrow for the first time.  Being a noobie (there at least), I need a little insight.

What should I bring besides my ARs, optics, ammo, targets and spotting scope?

All other insight would be appreciated.

BTW - Any ARFCOM members going tomorrow?

M590man

Hey glad we got another northern IL'er willing to drive out there. Gotta come out when we  have our next blastfest.

K9Copper already covered most of what you need. But don't forget eye/ear protection. You can get some there but cheaper if ya bring your own.

4 ranges there (Pit, shotgun, rifle, pistol) The Pit is basically where anything goes. bring paper targets and some method of attaching them to wood frames (bring cardboard backers if you can, makes it easier)

Bring a white towel or something to cover your guns if you're going to spend any longer than half hour or so at the pit. Shooters area isn't covered there (See pics in the tacked thread) and guns exposed to sun get HOT. On that note, bring a decent set of gloves so your hands don't burn.

Expect the unexpected and bring a supply of cleaning and/or repair tools for those unexpected jams from hell (I know this from experience) so that your gun doesn't go out of commission and ruin your day.

Bring your own water/food, it's easy to lose track of time and get hungry! Also bring a camera, sometimes there's things there you just have to take a picture of

Have a good time!

It's super easy to get there. Directions on their website here:
buffalorange.tripod.com/
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I will be there as well.  I picked up a Bushy A3 Superlight I need to sight in, and the weather tomorrow looks great for zeroing, after the long freaking hot summer we've had so far this year.  I haven't been to Buffalo Range in about 6 years, so I'm interested to see how it looks these days.  

I missed out on all the Blastfests so far this year, but I'm hoping to make the next one and meet all of the locals that have been having fun without me  he

I'll be the guy who hasn't shaved in a week, wearing a DSG Arms T-shirt, and is driving a beater white Cavalier that is worth about what my 3-9x Leupold Ultralight cost me.  hows
Hope to hook up with any of you that are there!  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:48:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there about the time the place opens or just after.  There will be three of us,  we will be at the 100yrd range first then down at the pit later.

I'll be wearing a hat that says "Molon Labe"
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm going too.

I'll be the guy bummin' smokes and water.

My T shirt says "Will work for Garand clips"

JR
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok,

You guys have me convinced; I'm definitely going.  Gonna try to get there right when it opens 'cause I got a bunch of stuff to do tomorrow afternoon.  I'll wear my West Coast Supershow t-shirt (white with a motorcycle chopper on the back).  Just look for the guy who is hitting everything except his own target!

Is it worth bringing my own cardboard backings or should I just buy them there?  What size should they be if I decide to bring my own?

Thanks to all who provided advice; appreciate it.

See you tommorow!

M590man
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:49:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I might have to head down, I suddenly feel the need to shoot I will be the guy in the I Love Strippers T-shirt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top