Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2009 12:07:44 AM EDT
I'm out of the country on a non-mil job assignment, and will be back in the US for R&R in 6 weeks. Anyway, I was wondering if someone could post the current price of WWB 9mm from WalMart. I want to see if the price is decent enough for me to pick up a few thousand when I get back so I can feed my SMG, or if I would be better off ordering online and having some ammo shipped to the house before I get back.

I normally shop the WM in north Scottsdale (near SGC), but I think the prices are pretty uniform across stores, so any reference will do.

TIA
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 7:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Ill let you know in a few weeks when i get back stateside too. Thats the walmart i go to also.
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Pick up a few thousand...at WalMart.  Yeah, right.  

Only if you're extremely lucky and walk in just as they get a delivery.
Most WalMarts are out of most pistol ammo.  Their warehouses are also out.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/15/2009 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Right now, most have nothing.  Some 9mm blazer available here and there.

WWB 9mm....forget it.   Price when it is in ..... $19/100

Link Posted: 2/15/2009 5:01:56 PM EDT
[#4]
wal marts are dry...

I will check the walmart in safford next time in in town for ya.

maybe the globe walmart has some
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Right now, most have nothing.  Some 9mm blazer available here and there.

WWB 9mm....forget it.   Price when it is in ..... $19/100

That's kind of what I was afraid of. When I was home last (early November for the election), I was able to pick up a few thousand at my local WM, and they had a bunch more left.

I can find comparable pricing online, but the shipping tends to be a bit more than sales tax, but I might just have to suck it up and do it just to have ammo waiting for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2009 8:23:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Shit.  I just walked in the Friday before last and grabbed a box of 100 round loose packed WIN for $19.95.  The guy in front of me bought 1 too.  I didn't know it was THAT hard to find... they must have just put it out.

This was on Elliot east of I-10.
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Walmarts are dry everywhere!!!! There is a gun show at the fair grounds this weekend (20,21,22) should be there big show and the always have ammo by the pallets!

Just a off note, Everyone should stock up because I thinks its going to become a scary world out there. Heath
Link Posted: 2/17/2009 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey Greg,
Welcome home (when you get here).
Prices have held at $19.97/value pack, but supply is extremely hit or miss.
YMMV
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 9:10:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi Gary,

I should be home March 26, crash for a day or so (44 hours of planes and airports to get home tends to put a hurtin' on a guy), but then I plan on a bit of range time while home. I think I have my wife talked into the subgun match on Apr 9, then I leave on the 10th to go back to work. Well, at least it's good money...  You going to be at the subgun match?
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hi Gary,

I should be home March 26, crash for a day or so (44 hours of planes and airports to get home tends to put a hurtin' on a guy), but then I plan on a bit of range time while home. I think I have my wife talked into the subgun match on Apr 9, then I leave on the 10th to go back to work. Well, at least it's good money...  You going to be at the subgun match?

Are you working for that mining company?

I guess Morenci and Safford are on skeleton crews pretty much now.
Link Posted: 2/18/2009 6:08:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Walmarts are dry everywhere!!!! There is a gun show at the fair grounds this weekend (20,21,22) should be there big show and the always have ammo by the pallets!

Just a off note, Everyone should stock up because I thinks its going to become a scary world out there. Heath

HUH!

And WOW!

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 2:24:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hi Gary,

Howdee back and regards to Miss Carleigh.

Work permitting, I would like to try and make the subgun match......we'll see.
Make sure you bring more than one working magazine - it sux to show up and not be able to play.

Safe travels.

Link Posted: 2/19/2009 3:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]

I doubt you'll see any WWB for 9mm at the show?  Unless someone is holding out!  
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes, I work for them. Morenci and Safford have had something like 20% layoffs. It's hurting us. Having an overseas assignment has helped me avoid being part of that mess.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Howdee back and regards to Miss Carleigh.

Work permitting, I would like to try and make the subgun match......we'll see.
Make sure you bring more than one working magazine - it sux to show up and not be able to play.

Safe travels.

I thought that you only needed one working mag...

I'll spend some time (and ammo) ensuring that I have a bunch of working mags. i ordered up a some more from Recon Ordnance, so I should have a selection to work with when I get home. Most should require a little tweaking to get going.

It sucks to miss SMM3G, but since I get back the night before it starts, I decided it would be too much of a headache to try to get al my gear together and get out there. Maybe next year. That's the real downside to this assignment.... I'm missing all the big matches.
Link Posted: 2/19/2009 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I work for them. Morenci and Safford have had something like 20% layoffs. It's hurting us. Having an overseas assignment has helped me avoid being part of that mess.

Well im glad to hear your pretty stable.

the people in safford make it seem like its more than 20 %.  I guess thesmall town folks likr to make it sound worse than it is.  They were saying safford mine was going to close the gate.

The walmart in safford is out of ammo also.
Link Posted: 2/20/2009 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
[the people in safford make it seem like its more than 20 %.  I guess thesmall town folks likr to make it sound worse than it is.  They were saying safford mine was going to close the gate.

I'll have to run this by some of the guys here, since there are a bunch I work with that are from the Safford area. It woulnd't surprise me that Safford may shut down for a little while... their cost to produce copper is pretty high. With prices hovering around $1.50, it's a bit hard for the North American properties to stay in the black. Where I'm at, our cost to produce will be around 8 cents, so we're golden.
Link Posted: 2/21/2009 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey Greg,

Check out Palmetto State Armory in the EE.
They have PMC 9mm delivered for almost the same price as WWB at wallyworld.
IIRC it runs OK in my Uzi, so it might be OK in your MAC.
And they have it in stock.

-CowboyGunner
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:39:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Well, first day back and I made a raid on WalMart. Plenty of WWB and Blazer Brass 9mm. I bought 2K of the BB, even though the guy behind the counter was slightly pissy about it: "I'm not going to sell you all that I have".  

Both the super WalMart at 101 and Northsight and the one at Tatum & Bell had the BB, though I don't recall seeing any WWB at the Bell Rd store.

What *is* in short supply is bulk .22LR. I'm still trying to find some of the Federal bulk pack (the stuff with the copper washed bullets) to run through my dedicated .22 AR upper.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 1:30:30 PM EDT
[#20]
The Wally World over at Riverview in Tempe got in about 20 boxes of the Federal 22lr 550 packs when I was standing there on Monday afternoon.  I bought 4 of 'em.  Might call them and see if they still have it.

Did you happen to notice if they had any of the Blazer Brass in 45 acp?  I need to pick up another 500 rounds of that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well, first day back and I made a raid on WalMart. Plenty of WWB and Blazer Brass 9mm. I bought 2K of the BB, even though the guy behind the counter was slightly pissy about it: "I'm not going to sell you all that I have".  

Both the super WalMart at 101 and Northsight and the one at Tatum & Bell had the BB, though I don't recall seeing any WWB at the Bell Rd store.

What *is* in short supply is bulk .22LR. I'm still trying to find some of the Federal bulk pack (the stuff with the copper washed bullets) to run through my dedicated .22 AR upper.

As of 9:30PM there were about 16 boxes left on the shelf.  I was tempted to wipe it all out but figured I'd leave some for somebody else.  Right after my purchase a guy came in and bought 4 boxes, and somebody called to verify some was still on the shelf.  Anybody that wants this better show up first thing in the AM or you'll be skunked.

Thank you for the info.  I never would have found 9mm in stock without this post.  I have been looking for over a month and found nothing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top