Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 2:15:29 PM EDT

Well, my upper receiver arrived this week and I'm looking forward to stuffing the barrel into it.

My problem is that I don't have a receiver block or a good barrel nut wrench, only the marginal GI wrench. Since I'm not planning on making a hobby of of assembling AR uppers, I didn't want to buy the tools for a one time deal. I also don't want to mes up my new flattop by using a vice to hold it.

I was hoping that someone who lives around Portland would have a action block and wrench that could be used to assemble my upper. I could drive the parts out to you and buy you lunch fro your trouble. If you can help me, please send me an IM and I'll send you my phone number. Thanks, BSW
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#1]
If you mail me the parts, I'll do it for free.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, WS4LIF, but I am trying to find someone who is local. BSW
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks, WS4LIF, but I am trying to find someone who is local. BSW

He is local.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Puting a barrel ON is the easy part! I'd say just wrapp up the upper in a rag to aid in holding it and to protect it, tighten the barrel nut hand tight (put some marine grade grease on the threads), then use your GI wrench on the nut while you hang onto the upper, it only needs to be tight enough that the gas tube lines up.

The hard part is always getting the bitchs off.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Real Estate..............

The AK forum is that way ------------>

Keep that ghetto shit outa here!  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe in the "teach a man to fish" school of thaught. Like it says in the bible, "want some, get some" and "God helps those who help themselves".
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:56:09 PM EDT
[#7]
IM sent...
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#8]
what part of portland?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:21:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Like it says in the bible... "God helps those who help themselves".

No, it doesn't.  Think it does?  Okay, where?

What you will find in the bible is that God helps those who cannot help themselves.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What you will find in the bible is that God helps those who cannot help themselves.

What makes you think we are reading the same bible?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:16:35 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Klaatu, Verata, Niktu"

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:41:04 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a block set and good wrench you can use. Just send me your address and I will drop it in the mail.
LMK
CH
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

home.swipnet.se/~w-12947/Gfx/AoD/armydk07.jpg

"Klaatu, Verata, Niktu"

Poor Brian.............we keep hijacking his thread............well..........soooooo to continue the quotes...

GIMMEE SOME SUGAR, BABY!!

Bruce Campbell is my F-ing HERO
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Bruce Campbell is my F-ing HERO

He knows man, he knows.

"Shop smart. Shop S-Mart!"
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:52:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks everyone for the offers of help, the timely hijacking of the thread, and a special thanks to NoAim for the picture of Bruce Campbell.

I got impatient and just stuck the receiver in a padded vice while I spun the nut with my crappy 3 pin wrench. I'll find out if I got enough torque on it after I try and zero the weapon. Thanks, all. BSW

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:33:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Thanks everyone for the offers of help, the timely hijacking of the thread, and a special thanks to NoAim for the picture of Bruce Campbell.

I got impatient and just stuck the receiver in a padded vice while I spun the nut with my crappy 3 pin wrench. I'll find out if I got enough torque on it after I try and zero the weapon. Thanks, all. BSW

Hey, it's what I'm here for. I'm glad we could help.

Let us know how it goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top