Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/24/2005 2:53:22 PM EDT
Need help or direction how to go about converting a BushMaster Carbon 15 pistol to a shoulder fired weapon (basically adding a shoulder collapsible stock). My question is not how to convert the weapon that’s the easy part. What do I need to do to comply with the law (BATF)? What forms to complete, money, etc. I want to do this legally. If you can help I would appreciate the information. Thanks in advance.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:52:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/24/2005 5:56:05 PM EDT by Jeep29]
If you are leaving on a barrel less than 16" long you'll need to do the paperwork for a SBR BEFORE adding a stock.

You'll need two Form 1s signed by your CLEO, two fingerprint cards, and a certificate of compliance. Send all of that along with two photos and 2 one hundred dollar bills to the BATFE. Wait about 4-6 months and then add your stock.

Download your forms here www.atf.gov/forms/5000.htm
Top Top