Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 1:36:13 PM EDT
I'm looking for a new place to hunt this year in OK. I'm in Norman, but will travel anywhere in the state for good hunting. If you know of anyone who has a farm that wouldn't mind me hunting please let me know. I will be happy to work out a fair price for hunting rights.
thanks
Please email me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:07:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If you ever take up Bowhunting let me know.  I will turn you on to a kick as FREE place to hunt.

Gun hunting is tough to find a good deal anywhere it seems anymore.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 6:13:19 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Not for some folks!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:15:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you ever take up Bowhunting let me know.  I will turn you on to a kick as FREE place to hunt.

That is about all I do is bow hunt.  I would love to get together and hunt. Tell me more.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:34:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you get that below the ponds over on JH's place? Over where the highline crosses the river I got a 10 pt, 22.5" rack spread YEARS ago. I haven't seen any bucks like that down on the river in years!
West, across 74 several miles a friend took a buck that went 21" last year, almost to the Ghoul Bridge. I don't really remember the weight but it seems like 160 lbs.
You mentioned you had access to the Skeleton at one time. Some of the bucks up there, west off 74 and north toward 51 are really nice bucks.
oubeta, believe it or not, we are seeing bigger bucks in CRP grass than in the hardwoods.
Really tough for archery, but easy for 300 yd or longer shots with rifles.
Look up Matt, my son, at BassPro. He works in the hunting department as a team leader. You two should hook up. He has some access to property in NW OKlahoma for archery that is pretty good.
He'll be getting a lot more up around Seiling pretty soon.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
IM  inbound  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:48:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for some folks!

I wish someone would quit bogarting all the damn good free gun hunting and help a poor broke bastard out.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not for some folks!

I wish someone would quit bogarting all the damn good free gun hunting and help a poor broke bastard out.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:24:03 PM EDT
[#8]
You know it took me years to find some of the places to hunt. A couple of places I can't even take my son. The old man I hunt with is 103 and people will make allowances for him. I am not ashamed to admit it but I let him shoot from the truck if the wind and weather will allow it and the good landowners who let us hunt know that.
Killing a deer has not ever been a problem for me the last 10 to 15 years. I'm not a head hunter anymore so I usually get a doe or buck fairly quick.  Trophy hunting I leave to other hunters. I've got aome pretty big racks, some fair racks, and some small racks. If you get a big buck, it usually tastes like diesel soaked rubber. I'm more into killing the small deer just out of spots. They taste a whole lot better!
oubeta has a great place to hunt near Crescent. The only problem is everyone knows where it is and what is on it and more than likely screw up his time on the stands. Ain't nothing more irritating than setting up on a nice buck, letting others go so you can get the BIG one, and some one elses comes walking up wanting to know if you have seen any deer!
By the way, people say I am more like John Candy than Humphrey Bogart!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
acman - IM Incoming about bowhunting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top