Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2013 6:50:24 AM EDT
Area: Roswell

Need: general contractor

Work required: repair rotten and broken exterior moldings and trims.  The affected area is not large or extensive, probably 3' to 4' area.  But it is high, above the second floor window, below the roof.  

I ain't getting on a ladder 20' off the ground, no way.

If any of you know any reputable contractor, please chime in.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 7:41:08 AM EDT
[#1]
My guy's name is Joe. He's done a good deal of work for me over the years. He has good prices.

Joe - 678-699-5626

Tell him Marcus sent you if you use him.

Hope that helps.

M.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 7:44:15 AM EDT
[#2]
HandyDave recommended me a guy and I have used him twice but the second time wasn't as good so I can no longer recommend him.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#3]
I used David Griffin 678-361-0218 to repair my chimney, facia boards, and paint a few months back he did a good job and would recommend him. Pretty sure he is out of Roswell. He even took pity on me and let me borrow one of his ladders while I painted the exterior of my house. He's a small operation, but good.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
HandyDave recommended me a guy and I have used him twice but the second time wasn't as good so I can no longer recommend him.

You're no help at all.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#5]
There is no help for you.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Ouch.

Well I call both of those guys in the above posts, Joseph and David Griffin.  Left messages, no one called me back yet. :(
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I can tell you from experience, that there is usually 5-6x as much rotten trim as you can see easily. Its not crazy expensive to deal with, but best to inspect repair and paint while you got the guy out there.

Pay particular attention to the shady areas and chimney for whatever reason. I also had all my wood brickmoulds(windows and doors) replaced with vinyl at the last house. figure $200/day for labor plus materials.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ouch.

Well I call both of those guys in the above posts, Joseph and David Griffin.  Left messages, no one called me back yet. :(
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ouch.

One of my partners is replacing his wood deck (1,200 sf).  It took him 6 calls to get someone out to his house for an estimate.  A large portion of the construction industry has moved on to other jobs/industries.

I went to a construction/economic presentation a few weeks ago and there is a huge concern that construction prices will escalate rapidly due to lack of skilled labor and high demand in the next few years.  In addition, the immigration laws have really crippled the construction industry.

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 9:31:17 AM EDT
[#9]
The siding on my chimney and lots of fascia around it needs to be replaced. I feel for you OP.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#10]
David Griffin called me this afternoon.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you tell me his first name?  Dave recommended someone to me a while back.  We talked several times and our scheduled never lined up so I just did the primary thing I needed myself because I had a wife imposed deadline.  But I have some more stuff so I was going to call him again.
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Can you tell me his first name?  Dave recommended someone to me a while back.  We talked several times and our scheduled never lined up so I just did the primary thing I needed myself because I had a wife imposed deadline.  But I have some more stuff so I was going to call him again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was Mike

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Area: Roswell

Need: general contractor

Work required: repair rotten and broken exterior moldings and trims.  The affected area is not large or extensive, probably 3' to 4' area.  But it is high, above the second floor window, below the roof.  

I ain't getting on a ladder 20' off the ground, no way.

If any of you know any reputable contractor, please chime in.

Thanks.
View Quote

Just to clarify, you need a handyman

A general contractor, like myself, is required to have a license from the state which allows me to pull a permit and subcontract a project out.

Hiring a handyman will save you a ton of money and allow one person to do the work

PSA from handydave, who is not a handyman but has used the screename since ebay first started way back when he was actually a handyman

Link Posted: 7/20/2013 7:19:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok thanks, i need a handyman.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm frustrated.  We were going to meet Monday, then he cancelled and we rescheduled for Wednesday afternoon.  ON wednesday he said he was too wet and messy from a pressure washing job and wanted to reschedule again.  When i picked a time for thursday and friday, he never replied.  Is this how he treats a potential customer?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Shoot me an IM and ill give you my guys name. Hes solid and fair on price and lets me "assist" to keep the labor hours down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top