Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:27:57 PM EDT
I really need to get my wife her own serious pistol.  She does well with a Ruger .22 and had a good time with a borrowed Python w/.38sp.  But I don't have any selection of 9mm or smaller pistols for her to try.

I need to find a range with a big selection of rental guns for her to try and pick what fits best (please be the Glocks, please be the Glocks ).  I need a place with some kind of deal where for $25 or something you can try out a bunch of pistols.  I don't care about having to buy their ammo, I just don't want to pay $8 per gun or something like that.

I have been to most of the ranges in town but never looked at their rental selections.  Please help if you know the scoop!

Scot
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Theres an indoor range in NE Dallas I went to a few years ago that rented guns.  I think it was called The Bullet Stop but I could be wrong, its been a few years.  Check the Dallas Yellow pages & you should find them if theyre still in buisness.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:57:25 PM EDT
[#2]
On Target in Ft. Worth rents handguns.  They are on the SW side of Ft. Worth out by Benbrook.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The NE Dallas range is the Bullet Trap in Plano, off Ave K and Parker.

http://www.bullettrapinc.com/

They have 3 cases of pistols you may rent and shoot, including many smaller framed pistols.... unless she wants to try the S&W 500!  '...ideal for inhome defense.' They are pretty decent and have always treated me OK.  I have never shot on their range, though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:10:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Targetmasters on jupiter & miller has a good selection of rentals. glocks incl.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:03:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
On Target in Ft. Worth rents handguns.  They are on the SW side of Ft. Worth out by Benbrook.

Nick

+1 for On Target. The staff is helpful and friendly and they have a variety of boomers perfect for a feminine hand
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top