Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/18/2004 5:27:57 PM EST
I really need to get my wife her own serious pistol. She does well with a Ruger .22 and had a good time with a borrowed Python w/.38sp. But I don't have any selection of 9mm or smaller pistols for her to try.

I need to find a range with a big selection of rental guns for her to try and pick what fits best (please be the Glocks, please be the Glocks ). I need a place with some kind of deal where for $25 or something you can try out a bunch of pistols. I don't care about having to buy their ammo, I just don't want to pay $8 per gun or something like that.

I have been to most of the ranges in town but never looked at their rental selections. Please help if you know the scoop!

Scot
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:54:57 PM EST
Theres an indoor range in NE Dallas I went to a few years ago that rented guns. I think it was called The Bullet Stop but I could be wrong, its been a few years. Check the Dallas Yellow pages & you should find them if theyre still in buisness.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:57:25 PM EST
On Target in Ft. Worth rents handguns. They are on the SW side of Ft. Worth out by Benbrook.

Nick
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:20:30 PM EST
The NE Dallas range is the Bullet Trap in Plano, off Ave K and Parker.

http://www.bullettrapinc.com/

They have 3 cases of pistols you may rent and shoot, including many smaller framed pistols.... unless she wants to try the S&W 500! '...ideal for inhome defense.' They are pretty decent and have always treated me OK. I have never shot on their range, though.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:10:55 AM EST
Targetmasters on jupiter & miller has a good selection of rentals. glocks incl.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:03:18 PM EST

Originally Posted By Nicholastheczar:
On Target in Ft. Worth rents handguns. They are on the SW side of Ft. Worth out by Benbrook.

Nick

+1 for On Target. The staff is helpful and friendly and they have a variety of boomers perfect for a feminine hand
Top Top