Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:27:36 PM EDT
Any one know any dealers/people/good lead on a car? Fiancé and I need something to tow a pop-up with and/or a new daily driver.

Any opinions on what to get?
Anyone know of a good deal?
Anyone know a dealer that trades for guns?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:57:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you thought about a mid-size truck like the Toyota Tacoma? They've got a lot of different configs to choose from. I've been looking at them and found them to be highly rated and decent on gas mileage...for a truck that is.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:01:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Buying a Toyota at this time is like taking a chance in Russian roulette. What is going to break next and how long before Toyota issues a recall and how long before your car / truck is going to get the repair done to it.

And what is funnier is the dumb shits who have been buying those cars with known defects cause Toyota is cutting sweat deals to get the dumb shits to forget about the cars problems. And what makes it so funny is the dumb shits are actually flocking into the dealerships. It's just amazing to me, the short memory or the greed of these people.

I see a few other foreign made cars with problems right now. I think I will spend a few more bucks and get an American made car. Plus this will help my fellow American keep his / her job.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd go with the Toyota or something similar. The problems they have had are over-exaggerated by dumbshits trying to make them look bad so they will buy US cars...... made in Mexico. Toyota's are made here in the USA.

. All cars and trucks have problems. Toyota's also have excellent resale value.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Toyota.

American vehicles have come a long way, but still don't match the value of a Toyota.  All the "domestic" trucks are far overpriced.  You can get incentives and cash back with the domestics because of this fact.

Toyota's prices will be high, and they generally won't budge much.  They don't have to.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Nissan.

Loved my Frontier...just about as many configurations as a Tacoma.  Mine was made in TN.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:46:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Really looking for something used, prefer under $6-8k we just moved into a house and spent a ton on that
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:03:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:13:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Buying a Toyota at this time is like taking a chance in Russian roulette. What is going to break next and how long before Toyota issues a recall and how long before your car / truck is going to get the repair done to it.

And what is funnier is the dumb shits who have been buying those cars with known defects cause Toyota is cutting sweat deals to get the dumb shits to forget about the cars problems. And what makes it so funny is the dumb shits are actually flocking into the dealerships. It's just amazing to me, the short memory or the greed of these people.

I see a few other foreign made cars with problems right now. I think I will spend a few more bucks and get an American made car. Plus this will help my fellow American keep his / her job.

The Toyota Tacoma is made in San Antonio, Texas and are highly rated.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:16:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Really looking for something used, prefer under $6-8k we just moved into a house and spent a ton on that

You won't find a Toyota Tacoma at that price range unless its well used.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You won't find a Toyota Tacoma at that price range unless its well used.

Thanks to all who helped, I found a jeep grand Cherokee limited for $2500, I'll have picks up tomorrow hopefully!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I will put an F-150 up against any Toyota half ton anytime. They ride smoother,have more power,features,safety than all others.Lets get the log chain out... Toyota may be built here but the money goes back to Japan,thus increasing their power over us. At least most US auto makers keep their money here...

MAX MOTORS IN BULTER,MO IS THE BEST,AND CHEAPEST PLACE TO BUY....GUARANTEED BEST PRICE NATION WIDE...

I just bought a new Focus through texting and email..You never even have to leave your house they deliver it to your door step ...

IF YOU BUY FORD I WOULD HAPPY TO GET YOU THE X -PLAN ANYTIME YOU LIKE..................THAT OFFER STANDS FOR ANYONE!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:35:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I want an F-150 so freaking bad I can taste it. Really need a bunch of extra cash to blow!
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top