Hired a guy to build me a block and iron fence around the front of the property.
6 months later the block has been in for months but still no iron.
Every time I talk to him it's another BS excuse:
1) the powder-coater he normally uses has a busted oven and didn't tell him
2) he took the metal to a 2nd powder coater.
3) the sub he hired to install the metal got arrested and the fencing disappeared. (yeah right)
4) claims he re-made the metal and took it to the 2nd powder coater.
5) story changed to he subbed out the fab and finishing to the powder coater.
6) now he's "admitting" that he never paid the powder coat guy because of cash-flow problems (ya think?)
Since he won't give me the name of the powder-coater I'm assuming that ALL of the above is simply yet another lie.
Figure at this point my only option is to hire someone else to finish the job and then sue the contractor for the cost of finishing it up. Assuming of course I can actually find out his home address so that I can have him served.
Don't need fancy. Bannister style fence, powder-coated, etc. Roll gate for the driveway and swing gate for the walkway.
Like I said, the block is done, but I can't put the horses or dogs in a good chunk of yard because the iron is still missing.
There are 10 panels, one walk gate, and one drive gate that need to be finished.
Location is Riggs/Power in the Chandler Heights area.
Since the dumb-ass actually went and got a permit I'd really prefer a licensed contractor to finish this up. I hate, and I mean HATE dealing with the fucknuts down at the county.
Sorry, I have no help for you. I just stopped by to say hi neighbor.
I had these guys build me 3 gates last year. Initially found them on Craigslist. Got them to build me a 9.5 foot RV gate and two side entry gates using trex inserts instead of wood. Got all 3 for under 900 bucks installed. Delivery time was a few weeks from order to installation. Quality is quite good considering what I paid for them. As usual YMMV.