Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 1/20/2008 2:39:44 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2008 6:00:34 AM EST by coctailer]
Need help (barrel adapter/gear puller)on the front trunion.

Done working on the rear....both pins are out now

Link Posted: 1/20/2008 2:55:14 PM EST
yes you need to press out the bbl to remove the rivets and to rivet it to the new reciever
on the rear trunnion you need to drill about 3/4 of the way through then punch the rivet out

it is so much fun
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:02:27 PM EST
You big baby! De-mill your kit!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 4:25:31 PM EST
You're gonna have to suck it up too...
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:28:36 PM EST
OK...OK.....I need to borrow some stuff.

Anyone have the crap to pull the barrel? I could stop by this week.

Oh, and I got one of them there frozen barrel pins.

First AK(AMD-65) build and I don't want to f#@k it up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:59:05 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/21/2008 6:59:38 AM EST by Conju]
Send it to me, I'd be happy to do it for you.

BTW I'm in salem.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 10:01:02 AM EST

Originally Posted By Conju:
Send it to me, I'd be happy to do it for you.

BTW I'm in salem.

Thanks!!!
IM sent
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:08:26 PM EST
I can do it for ya too. You will have to drop it off, pick it up though in the H-wood dist.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:49:39 PM EST
I'm still planning on demilling mine at the build party.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 3:50:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:
I'm still planning on demilling mine at the build party.

UH OH!!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:27:46 PM EST
PC, you most likely won't get it done. I'll extend my offer to your kit if you would like.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:40:32 PM EST

PC, you most likely won't get it done. I'll extend my offer to your kit if you would like.

Conju, Camo_Ken is going to bring my trunion/barrel to you tomorrow.
Thanks for the help!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:08:44 PM EST

Dammit. I was under the impression that popping a pin, pulling the barrel and drilling out 4 rivets wouldn't take much time, assuming the tools were available at the party.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:11:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By PromptCritical:

Dammit. I was under the impression that popping a pin, pulling the barrel and drilling out 4 rivets wouldn't take much time, assuming the tools were available at the party.

I thought the same thing, but last time they didn't finish the builds because of the de-milling.

Conju, thanks for the help!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:20:47 PM EST
I can demill a kit in about 1-2 hours, mainly cause I like to take my time so I end up with a quality end result.

When you first do it, it is a semi steep learning curve so mistakes are common and that also slows down the process to a crawl.

Also during the last build party, I spent 99% of my time teaching 5 people how to demil their kits properly and also pulling stuck/broken bits. It was fairly inefficient.

I will demil your kit before the party for you if you can get it to me, but I can't promise I'll have the time help you achieve the same result on saturday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 9:37:53 PM EST

I can demill a kit in about 1-2 hours, mainly cause I like to take my time so I end up with a quality end result.

When you first do it, it is a semi steep learning curve so mistakes are common and that also slows down the process to a crawl.

Also during the last build party, I spent 99% of my time teaching 5 people how to demil their kits properly and also pulling stuck/broken bits. It was fairly inefficient.

I will demil your kit before the party for you if you can get it to me, but I can't promise I'll have the time help you achieve the same result on saturday.

I see your point, however, I am pretty sure I know what to do, but just don't have the proper tools to do it. I need to press the barrel pin out with a press, or try the vice and hammer trick again. The barrel can be pushed out with the aid of a nickel, some pennies and a press, or a vice and a hammer. I pretty much have my rivet drilling techniques down pat from completely demilling the rest of the kit.

I figure, 1 hour tops. Assuming everything else goes well with everyone else's kits, I should have the rivets done and the barrel installed, which I all I really hope to accomplish since I can do the rest of the assembly myself after refinishing.

Am I wrong here?
Top Top