Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2011 9:01:04 AM EDT
I've got 2 shut off valves in a really awkward place that need to be removed and replaced. I'm decently handy and I took a crack at them and failed, I need someone who knows what hes doing. I would rather give my business to an arfcommer or a friend of an arfcommer.

Anyone got a number for a decently priced plumber?
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 10:05:13 AM EDT
[#1]
TRY JENEO 602-717-8127 Tell him Arizona motorcar recomended him .Don't know if he can make it today ,but if he can you will be pleased with the work and price .
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

TRY JENEO 602-717-8127 Tell him Arizona motorcar recomended him .Don't know if he can make it today ,but if he can you will be pleased with the work and price .

Awesome thanks man, he said he is on the other side of town today but he will try to get someone out here.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 11:21:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Never mind, he wanted an outrageous price, I'm still at where I was before.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My neighbor came over and helped me out.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you got it fixed ,strange he was high on the price he always treated me right . I'll bet he was out playing with his kids and gave the call to another plumber .
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Glad you got it fixed ,strange he was high on the price he always treated me right . I'll bet he was out playing with his kids and gave the call to another plumber .

I still appreciate the recommendation man, he was really polite on the phone and once I told him that I was just going to do it myself he even went as far as to give me some recommendation's on how to do it.

And yeah he was giving the call to someone else I think.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I still appreciate the recommendation man, he was really polite on the phone and once I told him that I was just going to do it myself he even went as far as to give me some recommendation's on how to do it.

And yeah he was giving the call to someone else I think.

With it being the weekend, he probably had something going on. I can't say I blame him. He sounds like a cool enough guy to give you a few minutes of his time on the phone to give you a few pointers. It does suck to have something break and then needing it fixed now and the associated price for that kind of service.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
soldering copper is super easy dude. just make sure there is no water in the pipes ad you will do fine. I replaced a shower valve with only a youtube videos worth of training. went to ACE and got a torch and wire and some fittings and pipe and had it done in an hour or so
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
soldering copper is super easy dude. just make sure there is no water in the pipes ad you will do fine. I replaced a shower valve with only a youtube videos worth of training. went to ACE and got a torch and wire and some fittings and pipe and had it done in an hour or so

I learned to patch a very large hole in my drywall from videos on youtube. Pretty amazing the shit you can learn nowadays without leaving your house. Now to figure out how to fix my power windows.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

what was the amount?

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what was the amount?

75 dollars for 1 shut off valve.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I learned to patch a very large hole in my drywall from videos on youtube. Pretty amazing the shit you can learn nowadays without leaving your house. Now to figure out how to fix my power windows.

new regulator at junkyard.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:19:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Its an '06 Hyundai Sonata. the tech manual is vague. I'm just going to pay someone to do it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:12:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Its an '06 Hyundai Sonata. the tech manual is vague. I'm just going to pay someone to do it.
if you are withing driving distance from chandler pm me and we will get it done cheap.  check your switches for corrosion first though. sometimes teh contacts just need some cleaning with alcohol and a q tip inside the switch.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 6:31:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Open door panel. Unplug plug from regulator motor. Insert test light into one side of connector, operate switch both directions, repeat on other side. If you get light on both sides of connector you need to replace the motor, if not your problem lies elsewhere, most likely in a switch, but it could be a number of other problems also.

ETA: oh yea, I think those Hyundais have the stupid cable drive window regulators, in which case, the cable is a probable cause. If you can hear the motor when you hit the switch, you have a broken cable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top