Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/23/2006 12:36:15 PM EDT
Really need your thoughts on a good gunsmith in the Dallas area who can install a LaRue foreend on a Armalite Carbine.

Thanks much!
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:41:18 PM EDT
I maybe able to help you out. Do you have the LaRue Forend? I have installed a few of the YHM forends and have the tools needed to do so. I just need to get the details.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:49:14 PM EDT
details on install are in the build it yourself forum tacked up top.

need some sort of strap wrench to tighten the lock ring.

also the bbl. nut plays a big role in how straight the rails is in relation to the upper. the slight space in between the gas tube and the gas tube hole walls if not equal causes the rail to cant. some advise, before tightning the lock ring completely install the rail and see if it cants, if it does take the rail back off and "bump" the bbl. nut slightly in the directions needed which will probably be a little tighter.

trial and error till its perfect.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 1:55:23 PM EDT
I just looked up the how to install and I should all the tools to help you. Just need to know if you have the Larue and if you have a flash hidder (pined or threaded). Also looks like I may have to modify my action block but should be no big deal.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:28:14 PM EDT
Also most Action blocks need to be "modified" to allow the install of the Larue Retainer plate.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:35:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By ShortywithanAR:
I just looked up the how to install and I should all the tools to help you. Just need to know if you have the Larue and if you have a flash hidder (pined or threaded). Also looks like I may have to modify my action block but should be no big deal.

hey tim, looks like he found that out already
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:54:31 PM EDT

Originally Posted By CannoncockerUSMC:
Really need your thoughts on a good gunsmith in the Dallas area who can install a LaRue foreend on a Armalite Carbine.

Thanks much!

Yes. He is called "the nurturer" for a reason... he has an alias on this forum, code-named "FALARAK"...
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 2:58:45 PM EDT
Yeah, good luck finding someone that will allow him to "Modify" their action block though....

Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:51:36 AM EDT
Email sent.
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 5:52:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/24/2006 5:53:13 AM EDT by FALARAK]

Originally Posted By Timanator:
Yeah, good luck finding someone that will allow him to "Modify" their action block though....

You no likey my action block? It is a tool. It is a $40 piee of plastic. It is about function. And dremel's are fun.
Top Top