Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2015 1:04:02 PM EDT
We got a yorkie mutt from the pound in mid December. Super smart and loving 99% of the time. The 1%..
He has become agressive / protective of my wife and daughter, toward me. from other behaviors we think he was abused before. We do not and will not smack our dogs around.

anyway, I need a trainer to work with me to save this little guy.

Due to my history, if he bites me he will be buried, and I do NOT want that.

know any good trainers in the Arlington area?
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 2:43:27 PM EDT
Positive reinforcement is the key. You need to get a bag of the very small treats. They are about the size of a pea. Then every time you come into the room. You need to offer them a treat. Make them come up to you and sit. Then give them the treat. Keep doing this over and over. You come in from outside. Give them a treat. Home from work give them a treat. After a few days or weeks. The problem should be solved. You can also do this with guest that are welcome in your home.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 3:50:53 PM EDT
We have the treats for potty training already. I'll start as soon as I get home.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 6:11:27 PM EDT
IM sent
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 3:09:41 AM EDT
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:
We got a yorkie mutt from the pound in mid December. Super smart and loving 99% of the time. The 1%..
He has become agressive / protective of my wife and daughter, toward me. from other behaviors we think he was abused before. We do not and will not smack our dogs around.

View Quote

Why do you have another dog? If you have such "bad history" then why setup a pet for failure because obviously you are.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 7:35:04 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rtran:

Why do you have another dog? If you have such "bad history" then why setup a pet for failure because obviously you are.
View Quote

When I was 6 I was attacked by my baby sitter's dog. 9 days in ICU, another 6 in general ward. Reconstructive surgeries every 6 months for 12 years. You don't know my history, but decide to act is if you do.

Go fuck yourself asshole.

No wonder so many have you on ignore.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 9:40:59 AM EDT
Originally Posted By maggiethecat:

View Quote

Man's Best Friend. Expensive but worth every penny. Lifetime warranty with retraining if ever necessary. I had a GSD that started getting aggressive with others that I didn't want him to be aggressive with. MBF worked that out.

Link Posted: 3/7/2015 10:07:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/7/2015 10:07:57 AM EDT by VA-gunnut]
Personal attacks.
Top Top